Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Its about Blog time!

Hello all!
I am about to try and start my official 1st Blog! I was inspired by a good friend and I just hope I can find the time to keep up on it!

To start off my Blog in true Fall Premiere style....Let's start with a little TV Talk!

How many of you watch Survivor? I LOVE it. When it first came on TV years ago, I stayed away from it. I was busy with grad school and it seemed a bit silly to me so I didn't bother even trying to watch it. And honestly, at the time I really only watched shows that were on NBC so I didn't hear much about the other network shows.

So, the way I got into it happened while I was visiting my grandparents. Yes, you heard me correct. It was my grandparents who turned me on to the pop-culuture phenomeon that is Survivor (or in some people's opinion...WAS!) I had gone to their house for a visit and shortly before 8pm that evening my grandmother said to me, "Tonight is the Survivor finale and it starts soon. You can stay and watch with us or you can go!" I couldn't believe it! Since I hadn't been there very long I took the time to hang out a bit longer and watch the Season 1 Survivor Finale with them. It was all very confusing at first but my grandfather did a great job at explaining it as the show progressed and by the end I was hooked and looking forward to the next season!

Now that you know how I got sucked into it, you can hear my thoughts on this season.

Survivor China: Episode 1
I loved the season opener. I think it showed a lot of great characters that have potential to make this season as entertaining as ever. For me, part of the attraction to Survivor is that it is not a "reality show" in the typical sense of the word. It is "unscripted drama" and what is even more interesting to me about it, it is a GAME! There is a defintive purpose and outcome of the show, no matter what kind of characters it has each season.

Anyway, back to the premiere episode this season...I truly enjoyed it. A few of my thoughs:
-I got a kick out of the monk who kept correcting the completely disrespectful blonde from NY (Courtney). I was also wondering what show she thought she was going on where she would be able to just "sit back and have a lemonade" like she described wanting to do instead of the Temple cemermony.

-Now I am not interested in a religious beliefs discussion here, I am just stating MY opinion but in my opinion, the "christian radio host" (Leslie) was the rudest and most disrespectful contest I had seen in a while. The temple ceremony was a ceremony for respect to the people who's country they were visiting, just like many other tribal cermeonies contestants have participated in in the past. The host clearly stated it was not religious in nature and the way she got up and walked out was just really rude in my opinion. My husband said it best when he said Jesus would have participated in the ceremony without question. Only time will tell how she fairs in this game but I can already say I look forward to the day she is voted off!

-Peih-Gee, she just annoys me at this point. We will see how that goes but I don't have high hopes for her!

-Chicken, was disappointed he got the boot so early but I can't say we didn't see it coming when they lost the challenge. The team was foolish in my opinion b/c he was the only one who really knew how to get things done on that tribe and could have been an asset.

-James,the grave digger, I am interested in seeing where he goes with things. He looks like he could really be an interesting character. And he isn't bad to look at either so I hope he is around for a bit!

-Ashley, the wrestler, yeah as far as I am concerned, she can go. She didn't add anything to the team and already seems weaker than she tries to say she is.

No one else really stood out for me so I am looking forward to this week's episode and where it all goes!!!

In other TV thoughts....

Heroes: Loved it. The season premiere did not disappoint. I really hope this show continues the way it has and doesn't go by the wayside as Lost did in its sophomore season. There is really nothing else to say about it other than if you haven't seen it, you should!

Chuck: I think its got potential. Its cute and quirky and humorous and I think it could be fun to watch. So far so good!

Journeyman:
No complaints yet. It looks enticing and again it has potential so it will be interesting to see where it goes.

I still have a few other shows in my Tivo waiting patiently for me to view them. Tonight House starts up again and I am looking forward to that!

I also signed up to play in a private league on www.fantasyteevee.com I love it so far although our 1st week lineup doesn't officially start until Sunday but I can say the online draft was a blast! Just one more way to feed my TV addiction. TV is my crack:)

I guess that is good for tonight. Hope all is well and everyone is watching TV!

1 comment:

Count Your Blessings said...

Way to go Colleen! I put you in my favorite places, so I'll be checking it everyday - keep the posts coming! Oh and I make those banners in Powerpoint. Just insert pictures, etc then save as .jpg. I can help you with it if you want! ;)