Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ok....so is anyone reading this? I am SO behind!!

So this past weekend was a lot of fun!!

A few months ago a friend of mine from elementary school and I thought it would be a great idea to try and get a few other girls who we used to hang out with together for a lunch and catch up. Most of us went to high school together too but didn't really talk/see each other as much then (We went from a school where there were 23 of us graduating in 9th grade to a school where there was 200 in our whole class so having a class with people you knew already was rare). Anyway, our central "theme" to bring everyone together was our having gone to elementary/Jr High together.

Shortly after we planned this, one of the girls passed away from a brain tumor. This just re-enforced our desire to have a lunch and catch up. So much so that my best friend who lives in FL actually bought a ticket to come up for the day and join us (this made me VERY happy!).

This past Saturday we finally had our planned lunch! It ended up only being 4 of us this time because a few things came up for some of the others. One of the guys we went to school with, also stopped by after we had eaten lunch so it was really a great day for memories!

We started out meeting at the school and taking a few photos. One girl missed this because she thought we weren't meeting until 2pm but we were meeting at 1pm and by 1:40pm waiting in the hot sun we had given up and were going to the lunch place because we were melting!! Here are some pics:

in front of our school








The three of us being silly in front of the school




lunch @ the Manor


at the Manor


It was a lot of fun and we are looking forward to trying to plan another and wrangling up a bunch of others (boys and girls LOL). I am really glad we did it and I look forward to the next time.

While we were at lunch, one friend also gave us all rubber bracelets for the brain cancer association. She had made a donation in memory of our friend who died recently and gave us each one of those bracelets for support. It was a really sweet moment and definitely sad at the same time.

All in all the lunch was a blast. It was bitter sweet because while I was thrilled to see everyone, and I was so thankful for the time my best friend and I had to hang out together, both during lunch and before when it was just us, I just wish there was more and its always sad to say good bye at the end. But hopefully it won't be as long before our next meet up in person!!

After I dropped my friend off to meet her dad, I went over to see my grandfather. He seems to be doing pretty good. He decided to start using a cane when walking around and it seems to help him a bit just giving that little extra support. And its handy for getting his hat out of the closest LOL. He also told me he has used the handicapped placard I got for his car a few times because I "was right and there is a bit of an incline at the grocery store" that tires him out and if there is a spot open, now he can use it. It was cute because he was telling me about how he is careful to remember to put it up and then when its time to leave take it down (technically it is illegal to drive with the handicap placard hanging from your mirror. Everyone does it but you aren't supposed to and I didn't want him to get pulled over some random day for something like that!)
We went to dinner and then I came home.

And THAT was my awesome Saturday.

Next weekend is the American Idol Tour Concert in Atlantic City with my good friend Kim. I can not wait AND I have an extra special treat to share regarding the concert...who wants to know what it is???

ta ta for now!


Blog sig Colleen

1 comment:

Count Your Blessings said...

Very cute pics! And I love hearing about grandpa! I know what the secret is!! I do I do I do! lol