Sunday, June 15, 2008

Night of Thrills-June 7 2008

Originally we were not sure if we would be going to this event because of the weather. Just when it seemed like it was a no go, we did go! My wrist was still recovering from the surgery and so I had to be careful with it but it did not stop me from being able to take photos. I think of the photo taking as "therapy" towards getting my wrist back in shape! LOL

The Night of Thrills features some really fast cars (Which are SOOOOO loud!) and Monster Trucks! This year's event was entertaining even though some of the cars had trouble throughout the night. Here are some photos!





One of the monster trucks (the first one actually) went over the trailer and landed on his side. Ended up breaking something and stopping at the end but it still looked pretty neat. Thankfully no one was hurt!








Trailor...before....



After....






My favorite car [although he broke something part way through his run and had to stop:(]



The show ran until about 10pm I think. We didn't stay for the last event because we use it as a chance to beat the rush! On our way out we did stop to watch one team take apart the car and its engine and stuff. The parts are so much bigger than a regular car LOL! Here are a few photos I took with my cell phone of that:





It was extremely hot out when we were there but thankfully we got a seat in the bleachers with a breeze and that helped until the sun went down. Overall it was a long but fun day! Til next time....
Blog sig Colleen

1 comment:

Count Your Blessings said...

WOW...that looks like fun! I've never been to something like that - must've been cool. And again, love the shots from your phone ;)