Monday, July 14, 2008

Bridezilla: Have you seen it???

Ok, a few years ago I caught this show for the first time, a little after I had planned my own wedding. I got a kick out of it and I would tell Ben how lucky he was with me when I planned our wedding! I hadn't seen it for a few years until last night...WOW! It is just as entertaining, if not more, than I remembered.

It just so happened that the one I watched last night was the end of a series on this bride, Lisa I believe, who happened to be from NJ so right away I was interested in case they showed any areas I recognized. I could not believe the things this bride did.

Now, I understand that the brides that are choosen for this (and other similiar type shows) are well casted and I do not doubt for one minute that much of what we see in the final, edited segment is enhanced by the bride herself to be more entertaining. BUT, there is no way a true bride could be as bad as they are if most of what we see wasn't already a large part of who they are. Like I said, I do think the bride's themselves probably exaggerate to be good for tv but there has to be a good amount that really is who they are, which is why they wanted to be on the show to begin with!

The episode I watched was just so unbelievable I sat there in more shock than I think anything else. Each episode features different times in the planning process of two girls. I believe the girls last night were Lisa and Monica. Both were pretty incredible to believe but the one Lisa was just unbelieveable. Monica (the younger one), just seemed more "young" than anything else. The other girl, Lisa, just seemed insane. I just checked out the website for WE channel (where the show airs) and even the info on the "About Brides" page just says it all:

Lisa – featured in episodes 4 & 5
Age: 34
Bride's Occupation: Marketing
Groom's Name: Andrew
Groom's Age: 42
Wedding Venue: Corbin & Reynolds, Long Beach, NY
What kind of bride do you expect to be?: Controlling, but I HAVE to control the husband. Also, neurotic is my middle name.
Who's in charge of you wedding budget?: ME! I'm the bride and it's my way or the highway!
How long have you been dreaming of your wedding day?: I have been dreaming of this day for as long as I can remember, but especially now since Andrew and I divorced. Even as we were at the table negotiating all the details of our divorce I new one day we would be back at the alter, everyone thought I was nuts but I was right and they were wrong!


It's one of those shows that you just can't stop watching once you start no matter how awful it is! (sort of like how you can easily get addicted to Jon & Kate Plus 8 despite Kate's insanity!) I am a self-proclaimed TV Junkie and not afraid to admit it. The one thing these type of shows have done is provide an outlet for all the people who want to get their 15min in the spotlight-and there is no shortage of that!

Check out the website for more info (and show times!)
http://www.wetv.com/bridezillas/
I can't help, I will be watching!

Edited to add that after further looking it seems the episode I happened to have watched *may* have been a deliberate fake regarding this Lisa character. I can not verify this but I can say it would not surprise me at all. She was just THAT bad and had I been her family or a bridesmaid, I would not have shown up :) I also just looked her up on imdb because she did look familiar-omg she has her own page, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2221825/resume lol Either way-it's entertainment!

Blog sig Colleen

2 comments:

Jennifer Haas said...

http://letstalkwellness.com/ you have to go to meet our team and at the very bottom there is Andrew & Lisa. you have to read the profile, most likely the entire Bridezilla show was a fake. o well thats what we get..

Jennifer Haas said...

o also i love to watch the show.