Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween: Trick or Treat 2008

I know I am still behind on some event updates from this month but I wanted to get some current stuff up while I could!

Halloween is one of my FAVE holidays. I love the trick or treaters and decorating for the holiday. Every year Ben and I set up a table by the garage, put up the decorations and wait for the kiddies to come get their candy! And we give out the full size candy bars too. And since we have been doing it this way for a few years, we actually have some people who come back because they remember our table (and our candy bars!) We even had a few families ask if they could take a pic of our set up or their kids with our set up. It was kind of cool. We were out for almost 4 hours this year. Next year we want to try and do a little more decorating and stuff since it will be on a saturday and be more of an all day thing than just after school:) We live on a good street because its a circle with duplexes on both sides of the street and very little traffic so besides all the kids that live on our street, a lot of other families come to this street. I love seeing all the costumes too. Especially the cute little kids all dressed up. They were all adorable!

Here are some photos from our set up and us sitting outside!










My friend Marian came over with the Seeing Eye dog she is raising in full costume! Adorable!


And here is me at work as "Hermione" from Harry Potter (bushy hair and all with Time turner and wand!!)


Hope everyone else had a Happy Halloween too!!!


Blog sig Colleen

No comments: