Sunday, February 10, 2008

Creme Brulee and the weekend

Hello All!
So this weekend seemed to have come and gone faster than most. The good thing is the next week at work will have some definate downtime which makes the fast weekend more bearable! Actually this week at work will be interesting I hope. Mon and Tuesday it will be very low key and I will primarily be working on a few reports and odds and ends I want to do to prepare for the students NEXT week when they are back. We don't normally get days without students but since we are having a training on Wed-Fri they didn't have the students come in for the week. Next weekend though we will get a three day weekend which will be nice I am sure after three days of training.

In other news...I went to my grandfather's house on saturday. I hadn't really been down there to just hang out since before christmas. We had gone down for some holidays and birthdays and stuff but this was the first weekend I just went down to hang out. We spent some time teaching him how to use the cell phone I got him at christmas and by the time I left he seemed to feel more comfortable with it. We changed the ringtone for when it rings to some song they had on the phone and he got a kick out of that and we set up his voicemail even though he will probably not use it he wanted to have it all set up. I told him I was going to randomly call and leave him a voicemail just so he had to practice checking it! We also went over text messaging and he got a kick out of that. He thought it could be interesting to try and to learn b/c we talked about how sometimes you are in low signal area and calls won't go through but you can get a text out or even in natural disasters and stuff-you just never know so I thought it important for him to know how to read and to send a text message. He did get a kick out it and said he might try it sometime and I told him I will send him some messages too. I hope he tries it. He said if he remembered he would try sending ben a happy birthday message on his birthday. we will see!

The other big thing we did (besides my laundry which was small this week so it didnt' take me long!) was my grandfather made me some Creme Brulee! I had gotten him a kit for his birthday and he really seemed to like it and had tried it out a few times. I got him these kits too where he just had to add the creme and he liked that but said he will definately try to make it from scratch too. He made the custard part ahead of time b/c he had told me he was going to make it for me and so in the afternoon we went to the kitchen and turned it into Creme Brulee! Here are some photos:

The custard before we started:


Adding the sugar on top to be carmalized:





Using the torch to carmalize the sugar on top:






With the sugar carmalized (partway)


My grandfather and his new toy *er* Torch:)


And the eaten product! It was tasty!


Today wasn't anything too crazy. I got some things done that I needed to do and even got some help which was awesome. I almost forgot....I did want to share a photo of what was on the T-shirt I was wearing today - I think its quite entertaining! (It was a "incentive" for maknig a certain amount of CM sales in Nov!)


Anyway....that about brings my weekend up to date. Hope everyone else had a great weekend and I will be back soon!!

Ta ta for now!

1 comment:

Nobody said...

Sorry this is late. Sounds like a great weekend!! Love the "torch" dessert!! hehe Grandpa looks like he had too much fun.

That t-shirt is great!!! Love it!