Saturday, February 2, 2008

Photo Preservation Projects 2008

So this post is a little more photo and scrapbooking centered. Creative Memories just came out with this new "pitch" and while a lot of times I don't get too into the angles they come up with for selling stuff (I just like to use and share with others who might enjoy the same thing!), I do like this new one. I am also excited about some of the new products that will be out soon-which of course is going to make all my book decisions even harder. The best I think for me will be the new 8x8 page prints and picfolio albums to slide in the page prints. I make all my storybooks 8x8 b/c I love the size and now that I can make page prints into picfolio books too, I can use that size for other stuff!

ANYWAY, since I like this new pitch, I wanted to post about it and set up my own goals for it. Here is what I got from my friend and posted on my CM website:

Do you have any UFOs? I do! "The Courage to Count Your Un-Finished Objects"

Do you have any UFOs? I’m not referring to Unidentified Flying Objects with little green men...I mean UnFinished Objects...specifically, unfinished albums. You know... the albums that just need that last bit of journaling, a title page or maybe a closing page, or just missing a picture or two. Or maybe you have jumped around from year to year and season to season! You may consider all those beautiful albums lined up on your bookshelf as finished but are they really?

As I've started asking some of my clients what UFOs they have, a few shared with me that they have no UFOs at all...at least that's what they originally thought. After further inspection of their bookcases, they realized that there were several albums in need of journaling, page protectors or just a title page. And I'm right there as well! So I'll share my album making statistics and confess at the same time...

I began celebrating my memories in scrapbook style albums in the spring of 2004, shortly after my wedding. Over the last few years, I've made various types of albums and while I have completed some, I still have a bunch that are UFOs! In addition, I know there are BUNCHES of albums I would like to make but have not started.

A Work in Progress (WIP) is an album that is waiting for an event to occur before it can be completed. For example, if you have a School Days album for your child and your child is still in school, you can't truly finish that album until your child graduates. That's a Work in Progress.

An UnFinished Object is totally different. Many of my UFOs just need some journaling, a title page, or a few more photos that I need to find or reprint. A few of those albums need lots of journaling and there are several pages yet to complete. I really should finish my first year of marriage book before I hit my 5th anniversary!

So here's a challenge for you. Take a look at all of your albums and see which ones are truly FINISHED, WIPs or UFOs. If you come across a totally empty album, write down the color and at some point, you can decide what memories to celebrate in that particular album.

So let’s FOCUS on the UFOs – it’s a WONDERFUL feeling to cross one off your list. It will be so satisfying to complete these important and meaningful albums so that we and others can look through them and enjoy! I know you can do it – we can do it together!

I invite you to share your memory celebration statistics with me. Download an Album Log you can use at http://www.mycmsite.com/sites/colleenf/my-files

I'll be working on my UFOs this year and I'd love to have you join me!

*****************************************************************************
So, this really made me try and start to think about what projects I have started and which ones I want to start! I may occassionally post my list here as I make progress or add to it.

Traditional Scrapbooks I started but need to finish aka UFOs:
First year of Marriage (may 2004 to Dec 2005)-Pink Album 12x12
Year in Review 2006-Purple Album 12x12
Travel Highlights-Destinations Album 12x12
Me and Tara book-"Smile" Album
AI Concert Album-7x7 purple
Wedding Cards Album-12x12 White Album

Albums I want to start:
Washington DC-Storybook 8x8
2007 Year in Review-Picfolio Max or 12x12 Storybook
2008 Year in Review (I want to mkae this as the year progresses)-Picfolio Max
Canisius College Years-12x12 storybook or Picfolio Max
Circle K-size undecided yet
Us and our "kids" (A book with all photos of ben and I with various little ones in our lives)-possibly do this in a Picfolio Milestones album since it holds 4x6 photos and I can make "pretty" pics in my storybook creator plus softwar AND mix in 4x6 prints I already have.

Blank Albums waiting for a project to get started:
Traditional Albums
Red Love 12x12 Album
Beige flower 12x12 Album
Green flowers Album (probably for planning book)

Picfolio Albums
Red Picfolio Album
Brown Picfolio Max Album-12x12
Blue Picfolio Max Album-12x12
Pink Picfolio Minutes Album
Brown Picfolio Minutes Album
Black Picfolio Minutes Album
Other various Picfolio albums

Various Photo Albums (4x6 slide in pages)

I also want to go through my supplies one of these days and sort through what I really like to use and what I don't think I will use. I want to pack up some of the "extras" I have and give them to my niece. One of these days, right?

I guess that is all for now! I will post a regular update later but there really isn't too much new and exciting going on here. Just getting ready for the superbowl tomorrow!

ta ta for now!!!

No comments: