Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Here I am....

Is anyone else? lol

Let's see where we last left off in the life of Colleen:)I did that 80s thing (Which is a rarity for me!) and I had recapped the week before. So I guess we will jump into this past week...

Last week....nothing that I can recall being anything overly exciting. Work was work, home was home. Did laundry on Tues with J and V. I did help J set up his computer one day after work too. OH I know what was exciting last week...SNOW!

On Friday we had more snow:)It was more than we had been expecting so I had Ben get up and take me to work in the truck even though he was off that day. Here is some snow photos:
This would be my car covered in the morning when we were going to leave:


It was so pretty before it got dirty!

Saturday...I don't think we did much of anything really. I know I spent the day organizing my music for my ipod so I could clear off some old videos and stuff and clean it up. That took most of the day and I watched Friends while I did it. I am in the middle of season 7 now:)

Sunday...We had a birthday party/brunch for R, Ben's birthday buddy:) R is our friends son and he was turning 3! We went to restuarant in New Brunswick for brunch to celebrate his birthday. Since I had not wanted to go anywhere the day before, we had to run out and pick up Ryan's gift before brunch, and we proceeded to wrap in on the bed of the truck before we left the parking lot too!


We got R a leapster thing-I think he will like it. He apparently has a lot of game system type things and he is good with them but didn't have this one which is good b/c its portable and it can grow with him with different games and such. Here is a pic of the birthday buddies and one of me with R

(ignore my funny looking face/eyes!)

Its hard to see it in this photo but in one of the cards R got was a a bunch of money, and he took it out of the card and did NOT want to give it to mom or dad to hold. He wanted to keep it and it went on for a few minutes because he just didn't want to give it up-it was quite amusing!


On the way to the car Ben started to teach R about throwing snowballs-he was quite good too! Here he is tossing one at his dad:

And we can't leave out mom:


After the party we went home. I ran back out to Micheals and Target to pick up a few things and made it home in time to pick up some dinner and watch a movie before the Oscars. Wasn't really blown away with the oscars this year but I hadn't seen a lot of the movies and that makes a difference how "into" it I get.

Monday...Ben's Birthday!!! On monday we putzed around the house all morning, I picked up some lunch and then in the afternoon we left to drive to Delaware and visit some good friends of ours. Our friend was only home for a few days (he is a truck driver) and so we were lucky they were willing and able to fit us into his limited time home. We hadn't gotten together since we saw them in October and we missed them! We had a good time with them. The baby has gotten so big but they are both just as cute as always! They took us out to Longhorn for a tasty steak dinner for our birthdays (since mine is next week(since we wouldn't be driving down again just for my birthday!). After dinner we hung out at their house for a few but it was already late and not only did the little ones need to get to bed so did the adults (since they both had to work on Tuesday!)We left and drove home and were home not too late-no real traffic on a monday night!lol Here are some photos of us with the girls, and Ben's birthday dessert.











Tuesday...Today we didn't do much of anything. We are both enjoying the fact that we just don't HAVE to do anything since its our week off! I was going to start on our back room again but since I was going out around 4pm to meet V and J for tuesday night laundry night I didn't really want to get into a project. So ben stayed home enjoying his day, he played his game on the xbox and I went to meet the others for laundry. It was a little busier tonight than last week but it wasn't so bad that we had to wait for anything. After laundry I took J home and helped him to set up his DSL. He is quite happy to be online. After I finished that I came home and jumped online to try and catch up as best I can since I don't know how well I will do the rest of the week!

No idea what the rest of the week has in store for us. I hope to get some more progress done on our back room and make sure all my photos are uploaded and organized so I am up to date before I start working on some projects. I want to get started on my Washington DC book (from our trip at the end of October!!!) but I know some new digital stuff is coming out on Saturday and so I might wait til then to get really into it because I know there are a few things I want to purchase for myself on saturday b/c they are so pretty. Have I said I LOVE digital? (I also figured out some ways to save things from other areas to re-use so its a good digital scrapping week!) Ben goes back to work on saturday and sunday we will be going to the shore to see MIL for the day.I still have to figure out where and when we are going out with friends for our birthday dinner. Hopefully we can find a day in the next two weeks to go.I am waiting to see when we can get together to decide where I want Ben to take me for my birthday. We will see!!

Its Idol time...and I am going to go watch that now. So far I was a little disappointed in the guys I liked from last week but I think they did well enough to be around another week....at least that is what I hope!

No comments: