Monday, February 4, 2008

Superbowl Fun

Hello everyone! So how was everyone's weekend? Mine was pretty good. It was hectic and productive but it was also nice. Let's see how it went....

Saturday
Ben worked. I was originally going to go to south jersey to see my grandfather but I called him on friday to say I would come next week instead b/c I just had too much to do, including take my christmas decorations (and tree) down! I told him I wanted to do it before the Superbowl and he told me I was cutting it close. LOL So I stayed home, took down all the christmas stuff and packed it up, took tree out, found out my table where the tree was now has a crack in it but I don't know what I am going to do about that. The table is probably at least 60 years old! I also cleaned up around the house, got laundry together and ran the roomba:) And during it all I was finally able to catch up on all my tv. There wasn't as much as normal b/c of the strike but I still got caught up! By the time ben came home I was exhausted and just relaxed the rest of the night.

Sunday
Got up and finished getting things together for laundry and left to do laundry. I called Jay to see how the apt was and he called me back while at the laundrymat. He hadn't eaten lunch and neither had I and since the laundrymat was near the new apt I went over to get him and we had lunch next to the laundrymat so he could see how far it was and get a brief orientation to it. It was more crowded when we got back there than when I left so we didn't look around as much.

Funny store: When I went to Jay's to pick him, I pulled around back to park in his parking spot (since he doesn't drive) and went to the back door. Rang the bell, nothing. Knocked, nothing. Knocked again, nothing and I knew he was home and I told him I was only 5min away! So I called him and said "I am at your back door". He repies with "I am waiting out front for you!" So he must have come out the front as my car was pulling around back. Anyway...

So we went to lunch, then stopped in laundrymat so I could move my wash to dryer and show him the machines a little bit. Then we stopped by the grocery store so I could get some fruit for later and he could pick up some bottled water and got him back to his apt before his sister got there to take him out shopping.

I went back to the laundrymat and thankfully only had 10min left on my dryers so I didn't have to spend too much time there-wahoo! After I got my laundry out and folded, I went to the mall to my fave kitchen store to get some stuff for our fondue for later, then to Wegmans for a few things I forget earlier, then to Benegins for take out wings for the game, then 7-11 because in all my travels I forgot to get some soda and THEN I went home. And I made it there by 4pm which was a lot better than I had expected. Had I not had lunch with Jay, I would have spent all my time waiting at the laundrymat and not done ANY shopping til after so in the bigger picture it really did save me some time.

When I got home I basically left all the bags on the floor in the living room except the things that needed to go in the fridge b/c I was so tired and figured we would need them for the game anyway! Eventually throughout the evening everything got put away.

I chilled out and relaxed and waited for the Superbowl to start. We did a box pool at work so I got that ready. Ben won first quarter, valeda won half time and third quarter and johnny from work won final score along with the GIANTS! What a great game. I was quite impressed.

Here is a photo of our dessert fondue mix (and what I ran around for most of the afternoon!)



As far as the Superbowl Commercials go, they were still not up to par with a few years ago (Bring back the Bud frogs!) but there were a few that stood out. I liked the Bud Wine and Cheese one, The Doritoes Rat one and the horses one best. THe Justin Timberlake one was ok and I did like the lizard one.

After the game we watched House (great episode!) and then went to sleep.

Today-nothing exciting really. Work was work. I spent most of the night procrastinating on my photo projects and trying to update my video driver but having issues so I will tackle that afain tomorrow!

For now-it is past my bedtime and I need my sleep!!
Hope all is well-ta ta for now!!!

No comments: