Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Ipod update....

Just wanted to post really fast that my experience at the Apple store was much more pleasant than the last time. My appointment was for 5:15 and I arrived at 5pm and started hanging around the Genius Bar to wait my turn. One guy talked to me, asked me the problem and I explained to him how I had my original Ipod for a year and a half before I had any problems and that I brought it in in June and the guy replaced it b/c he said it seemed like the hard drive was failing. I had been ok with that and went on my merri way and then a few weeks later i started to have problems again so I came in and that was when I had the worst experience of my life with the Genius Bar rep and how I left with nothing having been done, I went home and restored it and now 2 months later I am having trouble again. I told him how I had even been nervous about going to the store today because I was afraid of seeing the same guy as last time. So I explained the problems and told him how now it seemed to be working. I had made the appt when it was still frozen but later I had been able to reset it and it seemed ok but I wanted to come in anyway since my warranty expires next month and I didn't want to wait for it to happen again AFTER it expired. He was very nice and said that since it seemed to be a problem and its not something they can just re-create to test, he would recommend to the tech who will be out in a few to just replace my ipod. This made me very happy.So I had to wait about another 15-20 min or so but when the tech guy came out he was very nice and started the process of swapping it for another one. He said I was lucky b/c there was only one in the store! I told him also of my previous experience woes and he was asking me if I remembered his name or what he looked like. Sounded to me like they might have had other complaints and he was trying to see if it was the same person from the questions he was asking. I told him I didn't remember much b/c I tried to block him out of my memory it was that bad! So he gave me a fresh ipod, I thanked him for his help and a much better experience. He told me I had til Dec 31 for this ipod in case anything happens b/c even though my original warranty expires next month, the "part" aka the ipod he gave me today is covered for 90 days. I told him I hope and think that the one I was exchanging was problably just a dud and that this one will work as well as my original! At least that is what I hope!So...tonight I will be importing all my music, videos, etc back onto my new ipod!!!

2 comments:

Count Your Blessings said...

Way to go! You got a new Ipod!! See, it pays to be persistent!

CKF said...

Its still the same 60GB ipod, not one of the new fancy ones but at least its new and works!!!