Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Weekend in Review

Hi all! (I hope I am not talking to myself but you never know... Hi me!!)LOL
Anyway-I am just being a little silly so back to normal now!
This past weekend we went to Long Beach Island to see Ben's mom and stepdad. We went to Barnegate Lighthouse. I walked to the top of the lighthouse with ben's stepdad, 217 steps up! It was not easy and boy was I feeling it yesterday! I was able to get some nice shots from the top of the lighthouse and some from the rocks looking at the lighthouse. After the lighthouse we stopped for a drink and snacks and I caught a butterfly with my camera too! Here are few highlights:
Going up!

From outside looking up!
A view of the Lighthouse from the top:
Views from the top of the surrounding area:


Ben and his mom standing at the end of the walkway on the rocks. I took this photo from the top of the lighthouse. Ben is in the bright red shirt.
This is the lighthouse from where Ben and his mom were standing. After we finished we walked to them and I took pics from that point looking at the lighthouse.

US with the Lighthouse in the background
Ben's mom and stepdad Bill
A friend of mine does this shadow photo with all her vacations and I always think its a cute idea so I used it! Here we are looking at the ocean!
The Butterfly

And if anyone wants to see the rest of the photos (pretty much just the same stuff I posted with a few odds and ends) You can see them here: http://cb-morningglory.smugmug.com/gallery/3575233/11/202950866 no password is needed. After we got back to the house we watched a little football in the background and played Tri-Ominoes. It turned out I was pretty good at the game. I won both times! I liked that game! In between we had some dinner and then left right before the Eagles-Giants game started. We were able to hear the first quarter but by the time it was over we were out of range for the Philly sports radio channel and apparently NY does not have a radio channel that they broadcast the games on. And by the time we got home it was the second half and well, you all know how well THAT went! Philadelphia really disappointed this week but I guess it was to be expected with half they decent players out on injuries! Of course in other sports news, the PHILLIES did pull it out for the fans and win the division which hasn't happened since I was a senior in high school! Oh course it was also a rough weekend for our Rutgers football but hopefully they will pick it back up this weekend and get a win!Speaking of sports, I didn't win the football pool this week at work. Ben came down to the finals, but lost it in points on the monday night game but it was a rough week for everyone. A lot of games didn't go as people planned. I did stay alive in the survival football pool so that is good and I still need to check how I did in my fantasy football that I am starting to understand I think!In other TV news I did enjoy Heroes again last night! And I still like Chuck! We also watched Journeyman and that still has my interest for now. I was also able to catch up on Tim Gunn's Guide to style last night on my Tivo-I really do like that show! Its like a "queer eye" for girls since their real "queer eye for the straight girl" didn't work out! I did watch Desparate Housewives and it looks to me like its shaping up to be an interesting season-at least that is what I hope! Tonight we watched LIFE because we had it saved on the Tivo and I really like it. It has some of the same humor you see in House MD but with a cop not a doctor. Its an NBC show but also airing on USA I think so if you get a shot to watch-check it out. I have only seen the pilot so far but I am looking forward to seeing what happens next! ight now we are watching Reaper (on the CW) and then we will watch House MD. So far the seasons shows are shaping up pretty good and and keeping our Tivo nice and active. Thank god we have the dual tuner in the living room so we can get some of these shows that are on at the same time.I am also loving all the free pilots and premieres on itunes this week and last week so I can even catch some of the other shows I didn't think to tape. I did watch the pilot for Kitchen Nightmares and seriously got a kick out of that one! I think we need Gordan Ramsey to come to my work and put people in line, even if it has nothing to do with cooking! Oh And Thursday will be good....Survivor (of course) then Supernatural is back and then ER!! I LOVE my Thursdays again. Of course I still have Private Practice and Grey's Anatomy on the tivo to watch but I might just wait til this weekend and watch last week's and this week's episodes together!
Work is the same. This week is a little more hectic because one co-worker is on vacation and then my supervisor got sick today and tomorrow and we have the most people we have had in almost a year, plus we got two new clients this week so its been pretty busy. This coming weekend shouldn't be too bad I hope. I am planning to go to see my grandfather on saturday, do some laundry and some more computer lessons. Sunday I can relax and since monday is a holiday (Columbus Day) I am going to the pumpkin farm with my cousin and her kids. Its a tradition we started a few years ago and I can't wait to go. Both the kids are big enough to enjoy it (and make great photos!) so I am sure it will be a great day.
My ipod is acting goofy again too so I am going to take it over to the apple store tomorrow after work and see if they have anything they can do for me. I got it working fine again but since my warranty expires next month, I am not taking any chances and going to get the most from the ability to use the warranty while I still have it! Hope it goes better than the last time I had to deal with them!
Ok, I have rambled on enough for one post! Hope everyone is having a fantastic week!!!

2 comments:

Count Your Blessings said...

WOW! Those pics are awesome! Especially the butterfly spreading its wings...you could enter that in a photo contest! I like your TV updates, unfortunately I dont watch many of the shows you do, but the updates are interesting! ;) Kaitlyn's school is wearing red today for the Phillies!

CKF said...

Go Phiillies! I was so happy to get that photo of the open butterfly. they are not easy to catch!

Who knows...if I talk about a show enough I might entice you to watch it!