Saturday, October 20, 2007

Update on my car (and life!)

Hi All! I just wanted to update on the car situation. The dealer people called back yesterday and told us that they got the approval from the Honda Customer Service Rep guy and they will be replacing my transmission at their expense! All I have to pay for is the labor!!! I am SOOOO happy about this b/c even though I will be without a car for about another week, I will be saving $$$$! So Honda has come through for us on this-and kept to their word on wanting to provide a good product and good customer service. I understand what happened to my car was a bit of a fluke and the fact that they took responsibility and made good on it, it shows me the kind of company they are and I am happy to support them!

Lesson learned....it never hurts to try!!

Other than that not too much exciting going on this week. Health wise things have been pretty good. My BP numbers are back to just a little above where I consider "normal for me" and I can honestly say I feel great. I had one bad day this week where my BP spiked for some reason on Thursday and I ended up taking the "as needed pill" he recommeneded and it helped but I still had a lingering headache and took some excedrine but that was the first time I had to take anything OTC since sunday. It might not sound like a lot but for me its great. I could even say I truly FELT better since I started this BP meds. I am not feeling as sluggish and have had virtually no headaches. I dont think I really knew til now how bad I was feeling. The only side effects I have noticed from the BP meds are a little dry mouth (which he said to expect-just means more water for me!) and a little fatigue about halfway through the day but its not so bad I feel I need to go to sleep and evne with the fatigue I feel better than I have. It has helped me to sleep better at night too. I have probably had the best nights sleep this past week than I have had in I don't know how long. Like I said, Thursday was the only bad day and I can say that when I took the "as needed" med, that one made me EXHAUSTED that I thought I was going to fall asleep at work so I was thankfully the end of the day students I had were out so I didn't have to concetrate! And by the time the Rutgers game was on I was functional.

Speaking of the Rutgers game-YEAH, WE WON!!! It was a great game with some awesome plays and it was good for our record and our conference record most importantly. We also beat the #2 team in the nation (this week-there are SO many upsets this year the numbers don't mean as much to me as they did last year!) but it was a huge win and now we have to gear up for our game against WV next week. Go RU!!!!

This weekend is all about me working on my photos and getting some christmas gifts started and getting my christmas card made. I have been organizing photos on my external hard drives to eliminate duplicates and get what I need handy for the photo gifts and I plan to continue with it tomorrow and monday! I am off of work on monday (yeah!) so part of that will be photos and part will be cleaning the apt since I have slacked this week. Tomorrow I have to get ben to take me over to the laundry mat for a bit but I may take my laptop with me to work on stuff there, or I might just bring paper to plot things out which is more likely. I also have to finished cleaning off our porch tomorrow but that shouldn't take more than a half hour or so.

Next week will be busy at work as usual.I should hopefully have my car back by friday at the latest or I will have to take a train to south jersey for the eagles thing and get ben's cousin to drive but I am not worried yet. We have the Eagles Kid Club Halloween Party next weekend so that will be big excitement but then I am off of work for a week the end of the month (yeah!). We are going to Washington DC for the day on Oct 30 which I am looking forward to. We are going to take the train down and meet my friend and spend the day doing tourist stuff! I can't wait. Then on Halloween ben is off on Wed too so we will have all day to really set up for trick or treaters! Then that week I have a follow up with the dr for BP stuff so it looks like my week off will be busy but hopefully productive.

Anyway...I am done rambling for now. Have a great weekend all!
Ta ta for now!

1 comment:

Count Your Blessings said...

I didnt realize you were having BP issues, but it sounds like you've got it under control, thank goodness! Way to go with your car! And enjoy your time off of work - you deserve it!