Monday, October 15, 2007

Weekend in Review-not what I expected!

Hello All! How was everyone's weekend? Mine was not at all like I had expected. Friday was nothing fancy, just work and home trying to prepare for the weekend and doing my first creative memories "party". In preparation I made I made these 3 4x6 cards in the Storybook Plus software on friday night in less than an hour! I LOVE it!

Here is what I made:



I am SOOOO making my own christmas card this year-it will save on buying cards and allI will need is envelopes which I think I have plenty of (and stamps of course!).

Anyway....so on Saturday I headed down to delaware to my friend Jai's house..its about a 2 hour drive give or take on traffic of course. I was enjoying my drive, started off listening to the training cds that creative memories has for the "parties" since I hadn't listend yet! And then I listened to some of Harry Potter 3 since I have them all on my ipod and started listening from the begining. And then I reach the Delaware Memorial Bridge, and that is where my weekend "excitement" started off.So as I start to drive UP the hill of the bridge...my car stopped excelarating, the check engine light came on and my odometer started to DECLINE!

I was in the middle lane on the bridge so I tried my best to get over to the far right lane while I was flipping out with fear the car would stop ON the bridge. I got to the top of the hill and then I was able to coast down the hill towards the toll booth. I stopped at a toll booth behind two cars, meanwhile I had called ben and told him what was happening, started sobbing insanely b/c I was all freaked out about the idea of my car stopping on the bridge where there really is no shoulder or anything and so once my car stopped I knew I wasn't going to move again. I got out of my car and asked the man in the truck in front of me to help move me to the shoulder so he did that.Then I called my friend's husband and told him what had happened so he said he was on his way over to help me.

The toll booth guy came over to check and see if I was ok. He told me next time that happens I don't need to move my car that I can just stop there and they will help me b/c he watched me get moved over to the side and he was worried I might get hit or something. He was really nice. He said he called the police too to help me and I told him I called AAA and that my friend was coming to help me. He said I was ok on the shoulder and if I needed to move forward I could.I called AAA and they asked if I was in NJ or DE and I told them "where do you want me?I am literally AT the toll booth!" They said if I could get through to the other side it would be easier to get someone b/c it gets complicated if you haven't passed through the toll so I told them I would get through! I asked the toll guy if I could pay him for my toll and then when my friend gets there he could help me push past the toll. The guy told me not to worry about paying the toll and that I had had "enough grief to deal with today" so then he and another toll guy actually helped to push me through the toll on the shoulder where I could wait a little more out of the way and the tow could get me easily.At this point Ben was on his way, AAA was on its way and my friend was on his way. The police showed up and I told him what was going on and he said ok and that he would check back later to see if I was still ok and was on his way.

My friend got there next and waited with me for the tow truck. I moved all my stuff to his car and was able to get some trash out of it too!I have AAA plus so I get towing the first 100miles free. According to my milage I was 98 miles away so should have no problems. When the guy came I told him that and asked if I had to go with him and he said no. I gave him money for tolls and told him if it was over a 100 miles the shell station it was going to would take care of him there (its where ben works so they were happy to help to get the car there). So he took my car and off to my friends house we went. Here is my car on the flatbed:

So Ben met us at Jai and John's house. He hung out for a while then went to try and find a place to watch the Rutgers game when the other women started to arrive for the party. The party itsself was not bad. Ben had "pre-approved" things in the catalogs before he left and I ended up getting them. I got 2 ceral storage containers from tupperware and 1 small and 1 medium bar roll pan and the apple core remover from Pampered Chef. When it was my turn I think the spchpeal went ok. I sold a few items and some people took the catalogs to *hopefully* order directly on my website later. I left the party "open" to give my friend a chance to get some extra orders to count towards her party so she can get some goodies.

Just as an FYI-if anyone ever wants to have a "catalog party" I could mail you some catalogs or you could have people look online at my site (www.mycmsite.com/colleenf ) and then orders from that can be put into a "party" to be used toward host credits and stuff like you would if you hosted in house but without the hassle of an actual in house party-did that make sense? Anyway, if anyone is ever interested just email me or leave me a comment!

So after all the parties were over we cleaned up, Ben came back and we left. I had planned to stop at my dad's to get the BP monitor he had for me so we did that. That worked out well too b/c the one they gave me is the brand/model the dr recommended, just a slightly older model than what is out currently, but it works! We eventually got home and I sacked out-went right to bed and it was barely 9pm! The whole day took a lot out of me!

Today was pretty mellow. Spent most of it uploading some photos and things and took a nap in the afternoon. Tried to catch up on some tivo but I am still behind. I am off tomorrow b/c I had taken a vacation day every monday this month so that worked out well for me because I will be able to make an early call to Honda to inquire about the fact that my transmission below with no warning, barely over 100,000 miles/5 years when one would expect it to last twice as long. I did a lot of looking online today and it seems to be a problem they are aware of and in some cases it looks like they help a bit even if you are slightly out of warranty b/c they know it is a problem so please cross your fingers. I would be happy if they just offer to cover the transmission cost. I don't mind paying the labor if they cover the cost of the trans but I am not expecting anything, just crossing my fingers. So at this point I don't know when I will have my car back. Looks like the week is shaping up to being a long one.

Oh, and while at the party, I broke my watch band too! What a day!!!So that is what has been going on in my world. Hope everyone else had a better weekend! ta ta for now!!!

2 comments:

Count Your Blessings said...

Oh man, Colleen, I am so sorry about your car, that really sucks. But I'm glad you got to do a CM party! And not pay the toll! And thank goodness for husbands, friends and AAA! ;)

CKF said...

it was crazy kim. I will post an update soon. What is new with you? I am waiting til tomorrow to know where we are with things but its starting to look like Honda might come through for us....