Monday, October 1, 2007

Last Week Stuff to get up to date!

Ok, so I am a little behind here but I wanted to post about some of the things I did last week and in a separate post how the weekend went.


Last Wed I went into NYC with a friend from work to attend a Canisius College NYC Alumni event. It was a nice time. I think I mentioned it a bit already but I forget so I am covering myself. I did win a shirt and here is a photo of it:

Some other things we saw when we were in NYC were the R2-D2 Mailbox, the fancy McDonalds and even the wax statue of Samuel L Jackson!


Thursday was nothing exciting-just work. I did get to watch Survivor, Reaper and ER so that was nice. I was happy with who went home on Survivor although I thought the other guy on the chopping block should have gone first!Reaper was an encore presentation of a show that came out on Tuesday on the CW. It was quite entertaining! And then ER was back and I was very happy about that-always a good show!!

Friday I took off of work to go to the Digital Life Expo in NYC. I had gotten a coupon for free tickets and so I was suppossed to go with Ben's cousin but last minute he wasn't able to come up and go with me but thankfully it worked out ok because I was able to go with two of our other friends who were going too.

Overall the whole Expo wasn't all that or as interesting as I was expecting or hoping. We got there right before it officially opened and once we got our badges to enter we started walking around. It wasn't as crowded as I expected which was nice in not having to walk through big crowds. Based on what I had heard about the Expo I had expected to see more new toys and gadgets but all I really saw were some people standing at booths hoping to answer your questions. A few of the highlights:

We attempted to play with the HP print station. They had this booth that was suppossed to work with Bluetooth to be able to get prints from people's phones or PDAs or simliar items if people wanted to get prints from it. We couldn't get it to work at all-there were plenty of other bluetooth items to connect to but their machince never showed up. They didn't understand why either but we think its bluetooth wasn't actually turned on since we were picking up items across the room but not right in front of us. We did each end up getting a few prints of pics we had on memory cards on our pdas though so that was fun. Too bad I didn't have more pics on my PDA!


Oh, one exciting thing was I did sign up to join the Entertainment Consumers Association (http://www.theeca.com/) And in signing up I got this awesome T-shirt:

In case you have trouble reading the shirt, it has images of various gaming controllers and it says "Contrary to popular opinion, these do not make me a killer". I LOVE it. Seriously, one of my pet peeves is when people blame everything that goes bad or people who go wrong on the media and gaming and other related items. I stopped to talk to the woman at this booth and as soon as I realized what they stood for I knew I wanted to support it so I signed up-and got my new T-shirt! It cost $15 and I got a pin, a year membership and my shirt so basically, I figure I "bought" my shirt and get the bonus of getting information on their cause throughout the year.
So that was probably the most exciting thing from the day!

We walked around for about 2 hours before we headed out. There were a few fun looking toys but nothing that was too new and interesting. I did enjoying seeing the idog display:
(Seriously,I want to get me that Penguin one!) I have a white idog...now I need an ipenguin!)

After we left the expo we had lunch at some small place where I had some pizza and then headed back to Penn Station to catch the train home. I got home earlier than expected which was nice b/c I was able to do a little photo stuff when I got home.
Oh, here is a photo of all my goodies from the day. A bunch of flyers/infomarion, a couple magazines, a free writable DVD and markers to label CDs/DVDs, a nylon bag, sticker, thumb pick, a mouse pad and other randomness.
I honestly don't remember doing anything else exciting on Friday night. So I will close with that and work on my weekend update! ta ta for now!

1 comment:

Count Your Blessings said...

Even if the expo wasnt as much fun as you expected, at least you got all those cool goodies!! ;) Love the pics, but there arent any of you?!?