Tuesday, April 29, 2008

American Idol "Neil Diamond" Week-Live blog!

Ok, taking a cue from my blogging buddy Kim, I thought I would "live blog" tonight which for me means I type as I watch then post:)

So, we are watching American Idol, its the Top 5 this week and the theme is Neil Diamond. Tonight they are also singing two songs each (would have preferred that last week since I am more into Broadway showtunes but then again I don't think I could have handled two of Carly LOL!)

So let's get started...
Jason-First up tonight, singing Forever in Jeans. I thought it was ok. Nothing special. It was sort of odd he mixed up words when performing right in front of Neil Diamond in the video but I do enjoy his voice and I would purchase any CD he made because I like the distinct sound of his voice. But his performance tonight was just ok. Although he did flash that smile that melts the hearts of many at the end!!

David C-Again, nothing fantastic. Not his best, not his worst and he DID make it current so that is good. I do think he will go to the end and I am very happy with him overall.

Brooke-I am a Brooke fan however, she is much better in front of a piano than a guitar and the song choice "I am a believer" was just not the best for her but I am hoping she pulls it out with the second song.

David A-Sang, Sweet Caroline, Didn't like the arrangment of a song I like, honestly I have been a fan but felt it was forgettable.

Syesha-Not normally a fan but I was not bothered by her tonight. She has always had a good voice but tonight I felt she seemed more grounded (maybe being in the bottom two or three has knocked her ego down a bit) and I thought she did well.

Round 1-top two for me were actually David C and Syesha(which is NOT easy for me to say!)

Judges: OMG, WTF did Paula just do? She is either REALLY drunk/high or someone gave her notes to read ahead of time and she let the cat out of the bag on that one. That was SOOO bad it wasn't even funny.

Round 2!
Jason-Sang "September Morn", again he didn't blow me away like he did earlier in the competion. I see him in the bottom this week with a possibility of going home unless his fan base really pulls it all out for him. And I am a fan but this week, just not feeling it as much.

David C.- Sang "All I need is you", Wonderful! Not only did he make it his own and bring it current, it was fantastic. I really do think he will take it all. The only thing that could get in his way is who votes in the end but I think he deserves it and I think he is the best there is-and at the begining I was not as convinced but he has just grown better and better every week. got my vote.

Brooke-Sang "I am I said", Much better than first song, she really does belong behind a piano and could produce a beautiful unplugged album with her and the piano. I liked how she took Neil's advice and changed lyrics from NT to Arizona and thought she did well. I liked it.

David A.-Sang "America", Ok, I hate to say it but I am over David A. He is cute, and has song some really good numbers but I just cant get behind him. He sings the same stuff over and over often sounds to me like he is singing christian rock no matter what song he sings (nothing against that type of music, I have liked some) but I don't see him doing anything really current or "pop". He is 16 and when he sings love songs its just not believable. I see him as a Disney character and could do well in the next High School Musical but I just don't see him as the American Idol.

Syesha-Sang "Thank the lord for the nighttime", I thought she did ok. Again, not the worst and I completely see her on Broadway within the year, not the American Idol winner. I also think she looks much better with her hair down then her usual poof:)

Judges-WTF again! Paula just called Syesha "Brooke" when she was giving her comments. That woman is so high or something and honestly it makes the show less credible when she does these things. Wow, its just bad. I always thought that this show, part of the play of it all is these three judges but if they decide to make any changes next season i think they need to lose Paula because she just hurts things. She has no credibility at all.

Overall, I think the show was a bit lackluster this evening and not one of my faves. That may have to do with songs since nothing is overly exciting although I really did enjoy the second performance of David C.


I guess we will see how it all goes tomorrow!!!

Next up for me this evening is Hell's Kitchen...anyone care about that? :)

Ta ta for now!!!

Blog sig Colleen

1 comment:

Count Your Blessings said...

Love the live blogging! And I agree with your thoughts for the most part. I just was not into it tonight (or last week for that matter). Any word on what music they're singing next week?