Tuesday, April 22, 2008

TV Talk-American Idol Andrew Llyod Webber

Its TV talk time. Taking a page out of the blog book from my friend, I am going to try and post my thouhts before I forget!

Tonight's episode is one I had been waiting for because it was some of my favorite music. I was happy that the people I like the best were still on and could perform. So, here are my thoughts:

Syesha-Honestly, she is not a bad singer and did seem more in her "element" tonight but I just do not enjoy listening or watching her and I did not find her performance memorable. I am hoping she is in the bottom 3, because I would not mind seeing her gone.

Jason-I really enjoy most of his performances. He has a very distinct sound to his singing and I really look forward to it. Tonight he sang Memory from Cats and while I think there are probably better songs he could have done b/c this one is so iconic and its like singing a Whitney or Celine, I don't think it was horrible. I think its tough b/c it will be compared to how it normally sounds band he is not that sound. I enjoyed his performance but I am a little worried for him. I am hoping he is not in the bottom 3 but even if he is, I hope he is safe. I do enjoy listening and watching him each week. I see him making good albums but being more of the intimate venue performance place type performer.

Brooke- I thought she did well. She had a rough start but I think it is very classy to stop and start fresh (she was only a few notes in) then to try and make it up or fake a recovery. I was highly bothered by Paula's comment to her about not starting and stopping, especially since the last time it was a little rough for her, she told Brooke she was classy to stop start. I am really seeing how useless she is more and more each week. I thought the song was a good choice for Brooke and that she did well even though she was a little shaky. She obviously gets nervous but I enjoy her voice and even more when she accompanies it with the piano. I see her struggling this week but again I am hopping she is not in bottom 3.

David A.-I thought he did ok. I enjoyed it, it was a good performance but I was not blown away but I was definately not disappointed either. He will go far and I honestly see a David-David top two. He does remind me of christian rock singer though week after week and I can totally see him getting a deal with Disney when this is all over (especially if they do another High School Musical). I think he will be safe.

Carly-Let me start by saying, I just can not stand this girl. I hate watching her, I hate listening to her and she is my "sanjaya" of this season. Week after week I keep hoping she will go home. What is sad though, is during auditions, I was pulling for her and I liked her but week after week it gets harder and harder for me to even look at her without my skin crawling. With that being said, I was obviously not impressed by her performance this week and what I think bothered me the most was when she messed up the words to the song, and it threw off the backup and band but NO ONE mentioned it from the judges table. WTF? I think for that reason alone she should go home (or at least be in the bottom 3 but going home would make me so happy!!! But I know at this point I am a little biased).

David-Loved it. Ben has called David as a winner since hollywood week and for me he is the singer that has grown on me more and more the more I saw him perform (a lot like Blake was for me last year). I thought this performance showed how he can be versitile and while his "rocker" style is a hit and he has changed some songs performed some songs different but well, and tonight showed he could do more than the rock songs. As I watched I told Ben that I think he won American Idol tonight with that performance. Not because it was his best ever but because he really showed he can do rock and ballad type song and most strong artists can do both and some people prefer one or the other but they can still do it. I think the only thing in his way from winning AI this year is the number of tween votes for David A. I plan to buy his studio version of this song from itunes on Thursday!

So, overall I thought it was a good AI night. I am anxious for tomorrow night but looking forward to seeing who stays and who goes. I have my fingers crossed for a Syesha or Carly going home:) A girl can dream....



Blog sig Colleen

1 comment:

Count Your Blessings said...

Loved reading your AI update - and seeing our similarities & differences in our opinions! And thanks for the props on your blog design, I am so so soooo glad you like it!! :)