Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Quick Shout out and Hello

Hope everyone had a great weekend. We were busy over here going to Ben's cousin's wedding in PA on Saturday (and it turned out to be the same Church from the last PA wedding we went to together-what are the odds?? And we got lost b/c of directions both times LOL!)

Monday came too quickly for me this weekend and work is shaping up to be a busy week so I am not sure when I will get on for a proper update but I promise to try and do it by the weekend (or on the weekend at the very least-I can easily type up my update while watching the NFL draft on Saturday-even if Ben's cousins come to watch it with us!)

I did want to first give a shout out to my friend Kim who has designed my blog! I have been meaning to do this and I know there is a link to her Spice Up Your Blog site that talks more about her designs (and prices and packages) but I was not as motivated to keep my blog going here until she helped me out. I LOVE the design she came up with and look forward to seeing her work on other people's blogs soon! So if you are reading this and would like some Spice on your blog....please go check her out (and you can tell her I sent you!) Thanks Kim(and Tim)!!!!

Tomorrow is laundry night and after that I will probably be working on photos from this weekend. We took over 1100 between the two of us at the Ceremony AND the Reception and some at the "after party" in the hotel lounge. I also need to work on getting the video onto my computer for editing. The bride had asked me to video tape for them b/c of some things that came up and since I will see her in 2 weeks at another family function, I want to at least have the raw footage of the ceremony onto a DVD for her, and *maybe* some highlight clips of the reception. Ultimately I want to put together something nice with the video and some photos but I dont want to rush that just to get it done. The raw will be good for now so she can show who she needed/wanted to and the rest will be icing on the cake later!

I also need to get all the photos uploaded so the rest of the family can see them. I had people asking me for them already! I really want to do a little more *editing* on some before posting but what I may just do is put them up in bulk and then create a "best of" or highlights gallery later with more editing done. I don't know yet. I would like to play around with a few photos and pretty them up a bit (some are dark and need a little more work than my basic lighting processing). Its hard for me sometimes b/c I put so much thought and effort into the pics, for even the littlest detail and most of the people are just happy to see what I got, even if they aren't all great shots. I am way to critical of stuff I shoot:)

Also, I think I was elected to try and get some information together on having a family reunion in Disney World next year. Not 100% sure how it all happened but it did so I started to gather some info today and I need to put it up on our website to share with family. Does anyone know if you can easily post polls on blogger? I was just going to use my smugmug site as a place to post info and get comments but I was thinking maybe it would be easier to make a blog page only for reunion info, and then I can update it any where, any time. I will have to think about that one....

So that should get me up to date for a few days. Hope everyone is well and I will be back soon!
ta ta for now!!



Blog sig Colleen

No comments: