Monday, April 14, 2008

Busy Weekend-but loads of fun!

So how was everyone's weekend? Mine was pretty good. It went by way too fast though, that is for sure!!

Saturday was spent cleaning the house and making meatballs. I love making meatballs and since I am not a big cook, this is one of the things I first made when I started too cook. It comes from my grandmother's reciepe and I have adapted at times to make it a little easier for me (but if I am ever making them for someone other than me and Ben, I go with the original!!) A lot of Saturdays I am out running around or doing something and so on the ones when I am home, I like to make meatballs since ben is working and its one of those things that I can do while I do other things in the house. This weekend I tried something a friend of mine suggested (Thanks Deb!) and I baked the meatballs before putting them in the sauce (instead of frying or cooking them entirely in the crockpot). It worked out well for being not only easy but cutting down on the grease tremediously-yeah!! I was quite happy they turned out ok. Only slightly different and most people wouldn't even notice, I am just picky about my sauce and meatballs and its probably the only food I notice a difference when Ben doesn;t (He usually notices any change in food and, he has a taste for things.)

On Sunday we went to DE for our friend's daughter's 4th Birthday! It was a nice time. I can't believe Nina is 4 already and her baby sister will be 1 this summer and is getting so big already! It was a nice party-only a few people but I think the adults were out numbered by the kids. Good food, good friends and cute kids-what is better than that! I took TONS of photos (Thank God for Digital!!! It saves me so much money!!) And I even let Nina take a few photos with my camera. She did really well too! She took a bunch with her mom's camera and then tried mine-she is a natural and takes after her Aunt Colleen!! I haven't had time to go through and *edit* any of the photos yet (I like to try and lighten some occassionally if they are a little dark) but I will post some for you to enjoy anyway!

Here is the birthday girl using my camera:


Here are a few others she took of me and her mother, as well as one with another friend and then one we had taken with her!




And because I can not stop without posting a few photos of the little one with her Aunt Colleen and Uncle Ben and then some of the birthday girl with us as well!









I will have the rest of them up to share soon but that should keep people happy for now!

We got home from the party pretty late and pretty much went to sleep. Today it was back to work and a busy day it was and it looks like it will be all week! Tomorrow the VP from our main office is coming to visit. I don't know if I will actually see her or not because we are quite busy and I just hope its a short and sweet visit so we can get back to what we do. It can be disruptive when we have others come to see us when we are so busy b/c any "downtime" far and few in between. And of course tomorrow night is LAUNDRY NIGHT!! Myself and two friend go to the laundrymat after work and its much more enjoyable when you are there with friends then alone! Then I will pick up hoagies (although in this area they are considered "subs") for dinner and get home to settle in for American Idol! We don't usually get started on time but we might tomorrow since Ben is not playing his game I don't think. So hopefully I will be online to watch the show!!!

I guess that about covers it for tonight!! Ta ta for now!!!

Blog sig Colleen

No comments: