Thursday, August 14, 2008

Best Buy Saga continues...

So just an FYI, I stopped in my local Best Buy (Woodbridge, NJ) tonight to check on the status of my camera. The guy was really nice and told me that I could call 1-888-Best Buy and get them to change where it gets shipped to so I can have it shipped locally. He said it is in the process of being fixed and could be fixed as early as tomorrow b/c the status might not be up to date so I should call right away. So I did while I was in the store! I talked to a lady there who said that it can be done but it had to be done by the original store so I needed to call them, and speak with a Geeksquad supervisor and if he wouldn't do it tell him to call them (the lady I was talking to aka Precision Camera Dept on three way with me and she would tell them they could do it.

So I do that. I call the original store in Mount Laurel NJ. First time I call it just rings and rings and rings and rings. After a few minutes I hang up and try again. This time after letting it ring and ring I got put on hold. No problem, right? Not so much. I was on hold for 15minutes! I then hung up and tried again. This time it rang for over 3 minutes and some kid answered "what?" He quickly realized I was a customer and not his friend from across the store he thought was just trying to bug him and apologized. No problem as far as I am concerned, I understand. I asked to speak to a Geek Squad supervisor. I was put on hold for a few min and then got a person, who I then asked if he was supervisor and he said no he would go get him. Then I finally got the supervisor. I explained the situation and then he tells me it can not be done. I told him, that the woman at Precision Camera dept said if he said that to have him call them on a three way. He THEN tells me that my camera is actually being shipped to my home!!!! I said that is good to know and would have been helpful to know originally (especially since I did actually ask if they did that!) He then tries to tell me there is no way they could have changed it because then it would be a manual ship and they need to track everything. I said I was pretty sure UPS tracks packages no matter where they go so if it was changed it could still be tracked. I was impressed he didn't get too nasty. He did seem to have a "tude" but I think that was because I had specifically asked for a supervisor so he had to know it was trouble:)

So after I got off the phone with him...I called the 1-888-Best Buy number again and asked to speak with someone who handled complaints and concerns. I got transferred to a very nice woman who was shocked when I told her about the whole waiting on hold and letting the phone ring for 3+ minutes and stuff. She also tried to verify that it does appear to be being shipped directly to me (yeah!) and she noted how they had told me it would be shipped out on Saturday but didn't go out til Monday and such and the whole mess on where I could pick up my camera when it was fixed. She was very nice and I do believe she will pass the info onto the store manager, especially because she was really bothered about the letting the phone ring thing and I told her that was what really set me off tonight and mostly because it had actually occurred each time I tried to call to get status updates this week. She did then verify for me that the correct answer to the question "can I bring into one store and pick it up at another?" and the answer is YES. It is an option. It is just something that needs to be inputted when the service order is set up. It can get changed after, its just more complicated but it can be done. I posed it in the sense that what would happen if I was on vacation and it broke. Would I have to wait til I got home or could I take it in right way. And she said it is definitely an option.

So that is my Best Buy experience for the day. Ultimately I am happy and relieved to know my camera will arrive at my home, I just wish someone had said that to me originally though b/c I might have had it go to my work if it needs a signature. Now I will have to go find the UPS place if I am not home I imagine. But I will deal with that when it comes (hopefully soon!)


Blog sig Colleen

2 comments:

Count Your Blessings said...

Oh my word, that is quite a saga you are dealing with - I really hope that your camera is fixed correctly and soon and shipped to you!!! Keep us posted...

CKF said...

Thanks. I will keep you posted. I just cant believe they didnt tell me it was going to me-I asked!!!