Sunday, August 10, 2008

Broken Camera :(

Well, it got an error 99 while I was in the middle of shooting photos (literally!)of my niece for her pagent thing this week-wonderful! We got a few which was good and then we borrowed my grandfather's point and shoot to take a few more. They didn't come out bad which is good but I just couldn't get some of the shots I had envisioned originally.

All I was doing was using the camera. I had the lens it came with (18-55) on it and we were shooting away. All of a sudden it wouldn't take a shot and the shutter sounded like "shikt" instead of "click". I did notice that the week before a few of my photos looked like they had been written to the card on top of each other and thought it was my card so I tried another.

After the error I took the card and copied the photos that were on the card to the computer so not to lose them and reformat the cards and such. I did then try a different lens and still had the problem. I went to my grandfathers house which was nearby and googled the error for any "quick fixes" and tried letting it sit, changing cards,lens and battery etc. Ultimately I took it to Best Buy since I do have the extended service plan.

From what I read there are a variety of things people have experienced with this error. Thankfully I had purchased the extended service warranty on the camera when we bought it from Best Buy, and it is still under warranty with that plan so I took it into Best Buy. I actually brought it into a Best Buy in south Jersey since I was down there when it happened and Ben's cousin used to work at the one so we figured we would take our chances that maybe there was someone he knew working that could help. No luck with that but the girl that was working was pretty nice and sympathetic. They declared it had to be sent in for service to see if they would fix it before just replacing it but she did say she would overnight it for me and that I could call anytime to check on it. It was really weird to leave my camera and not know when I will see it. As much as I would not mind if they decided to replace it with a current model (I don;t think they even make mine anymore), I will be happy as long as I have a working camera-and soon. Tara's pagent is next weekend and Sami's baptism is too so I really hope I have something more than my cell phone and point and shoot to take pics with! I am going back to south jersey on monday so I told the lady I would stop in and check on its status while I was down there. She said that if they determine its not worth fixing it will show up in her computer system and be able to let me know.

My Camera...going to get serviced

So needless to say that put a bit of a damper on my mood. T and I still had a good time but I was just frustrated. We did go to dinner with my grandfather and then even had some ice cream for dessert. T is getting a little too smart:) She can read now and so she read the menu herself and after she ate most of her chicken, she said she was feeling full so I told her we would get a box to take the rest home. A few minutes later she says "The menue said to ask about dessert." MY grandfather and I got such a kick out of that. He said she was quite smart on that. I told her I thought she full then she proceeded to tell me how half her stomache was full but there was a small part that had room for dessert. So we asked the waitress and all they had was some pies but she told us there was an ice cream shop up the block in walking distance. That is all T needed to here:) So after dinner we walked up there and had a nice dessert. Grandpa never says no to dessert either-he has a sweet tooth. They both had ice cream and I got a "Yum-Yum". I LOVE them and hadn't had one in ages. They are hard to describe but very tasty. They are creamy like ice cream but light like water ice. Here is an excert I found online about yum-yum's:
"Richer in texture than water ice, Yum Yum is more akin to the true Italian gelati that John Leo knew and enjoyed in his hometown of Bari, Italy. It's not an icy-ice. It's creamier," http://www.dvrbs.com/PEOPLE/CamdenPeople-JohnLeo.htm

T and Grandpa at dinner
Grandpa


Pictures from dessert:
Tara and her ice cream

Ice cream face


Grandpa


My Yum Yum


So after dessert we dropped my grandfather off and stopped at McD's to pick up some dinner for my sister before dropping Tara off. When I dropped her off I saw Sami and Luke for a few minutes too. Sami was smiling as always. She is doing well, no more MRI's needed and no more shots. The shots seemed to have fixed whatever was the problem and she is all better. Luke has a little devil in him and was being silly running and hiding but giggling this evil little laugh as he did it. It was cute.

Little Devil L



Smiling S


I then went to Josh's house (ben's cousin) to see part of the pre-season Eagles game before he went with me to see about my camera. After that I drove home and was exhausted with a head ache.

Today, I actually slept most of the day. I got up and posted the pics for my sister so she could tell me what she liked and I can work on them tommorrow. I was still tired and dozing on the couch so I went to bed and took an nap for a few hours. After I woke up we went to see The Dark Knight. Excellant movie. And seriously, Heath Ledger was amazing. I really hope he gets an oscar nomination, he deserved it for the way he acted in this movie. And the movie itself was really good. I was impressed and look forward to more!

I still need to do my update from last weekend but I figured I would get this up at least so not to be too far behind. I will keep you posted on my camera situation.

Blog sig Colleen

No comments: