Thursday, August 7, 2008

What ever happened to manners?

Ok I generally try to stay away from blogging about things work related for the sake of privacy but the odds are if you actually know me, then you probably hear about the same stuff I would post about. And if you don't, then it won't matter!

I just have to say, there is this one woman at my job. Very self-centered and not very nice (unless she wants something, then she tries to be sugary sweet but its so fake). Well, without giving too much detail, she comes into my office area (the area is actually split by a divider to my side and my co-workers side),anyway, this woman comes in and just starts using one of the computers on my co-worker's side. Doesn't say a thing, doesn't ask, just sits down and starts using. Even closed a window that was open for the next student who was coming in to use it. WTH??

And she does this ALL the time. It drives me nuts. I feel like getting a book and going and just sitting down in her office and starting to read. Not saying a word, not asking if its ok, nothing. To me its just rude. Its not like we are going to say no (unless we have something on the computers running that no one is allowed to use at that moment) but to me its just being courteous to say hello, and ask if its ok. Its not your office!!!

This happens all the time and it drives me nuts. We have other people who come to our room to use our computers but all them always say hello and ask if its ok. And what is even worse is it was during a class time! Why is she not in her office? Even if she didnt have anyone, maybe we did. Wait til the break! Its bad enough she does this on Friday afternoons when we have no students but during class time is getting silly!

At least I think the manager saw her today. He happened to pop in and I am pretty sure he saw her and hopefully will take a note of it. Its just rude.

Ok-done with my work vent for now:)


Blog sig Colleen

No comments: