Sunday, August 17, 2008

Life and a cell phone...what a great team!!

I am in the midst of uploading photos from this weekend with my niece. Of course there are not nearly enough since I was limited with my camera but I did get some cute photos I think. I also got some adorable ones of the baby:) Her baptism was suppossed to be today but my nephew ended up being really sick and having to go to the hospital b/c he got dehydrated. He has strep throat so he was not drinking like he should and then this morning he got worse (throwing up and a fever) so she took him to the hospital and postponed the baptism. I will keep you posted on him but it sounds like he will be ok and go home tomorrow. They kept him overnight tonight to get fluid and stuff into him I think.

But what got me fired up this weekend was I realized how much I capture of my life on my cell phone in photos. My new phone is fantastic and as long as there is good light, I get great photos on it (low light or no light is not as good!). But as I scrolled through the pics on my camera (I was actually copying the memory card onto my computer for backup) and I saw how this nifty little device keeps track of things well. Part of it is because one of my best college friends has the same phone (and we both have unlimited "IN" texting of txt,pix,and vid!) but we are constantly sharing the "randomness" in our days such as where we go, what we are doing, what we are eating! And its tons of fun. I enjoy it at a lot and as I went through my pics I realized what a great tool in documenting the "everyday" aspects of my life. We all know I take plenty of photos at events and important things in my life but how fun can it be to share the "everyday" stuff. Things that to me I don't think twice about but others might get a laugh at!

So, I am going to make an attempt to do some random posting of the randomness I specifically capture on my cell phone.

So don't be surprised if you see some randomness in my days here with my cell phone. Feel free to skip them if they don't interest you-I get a kick out of them either way LOL!

ta ta for now!
Blog sig Colleen

2 comments:

Count Your Blessings said...

I so totally agree! I actually finally got a card reader and was looking thru the cell phone pics and felt the same way. Its so cool to view the every day things - maybe I'll have to steal your idea!! ;)

CKF said...

You should steal my idea!! I want to see your life through the cell phone! (Well, I sort of do! but I want to see it on here!)