Thursday, January 3, 2008

Complete and utter randomness

But not too much exciting happened today. I mean a few silly things happened but they aren't things I think anyone really cares about but since I have nothing else to post about that I can think of...I will post these things.

Let's see....today at work was fine. Nothing too special. Its a short week and I am thankful for that. I did get a funny call from Ben today and he asked me if the chinese food from last night was behind the milk and I told him NO! If there was still chinese food behind the milk that was from last week and I forgot to throw it away, the new stuff was on the bottom shelf. His reaction "Well I will just toss this into the trash then....good thing I didn't start eating it!LOL" Opps!!! And this would be why I don't put things BEHIND anything-I forget they are there!!!

Ben's cousin Josh called me today to ask if I would try taking some head shots for him b/c he wants to try and get into being an extra for TV/Movies with a friend of his. I told him I know nothing about head shots but I would be happy to try for him. He said he woudl do the research (see what sort of stuff is expected and needed and such) and then I will do the shooting! We will see how that goes!!!

I talked to my sister today and told her I would take my niece out next saturday on her birthday to lunch and then barnes and noble.

Oh, did I tell you all about my niece and getting a present for josh? Tara knows ben's cousin pretty well since he goes to all the Eagles things with us all the time. Well, when my sister had taken her out shopping to let her pick out some gifts for people for christmas, my sister asked Tara if there was anyone else she wanted to buy a gift for and she said Josh. All on her own she thought of him. He thought it was the sweetest thing ever and so had said he wanted to take her out for ice cream or something since she did that so I think we are going to see if he will be around next weekend and then the three of us can go out to Friendly's.

A funny story about my grandfather, well funny in a good way more for me than anything but today my cell phone rang at work and I looked and it was my grandfather's cell phone. I picked it up but he had hung up by then. I tried calling back but no answer so I wanted a while and tried again. This time he answered and he was quite excited to 1-talk on this "little phone" and 2-that he could actually hear me with his hearing aid in on this "little phone". He got a kick out of it. He said he had been trying to play with the phone and figure out what numbers were in it and didn't know I was the first number til he tried to call it! He had called himself with it before but had not recieved a call on it or talked to anyone on the phone yet so that was pretty cool. He said he has been reading the books on how to use and he thinks he was done with the "little" book (quick start guide) and was ready to check the "Big" book (the really long manual!). I am glad he is trying things out with it.

In other news, my friend Jay from work got approved for an apt. This has no real bearing on my life but all of us at work have been helping him to decide if he wants to take the apt and check it out and apply for it and all for the the last month so now that we know he got approved, he has til next friday to decide. I think he will take it-its a great deal and not one he will find in this area again easily. It's actaully a friend of ours apt who is moving in with his fiance. So lets keep our fingers crossed it all works out. I think he will take it but he has never really lived on his own and is just nervous about it.

Let's see what else...oh, did I mention I got Brain Age 2 for my DS Lite for christmas? I really like it. Its fun and quick little memory games each day to help practice your brain. When I started I was brain age 31 but yesterday I was brain age 60 and today I did better and was brain age 40. It says that after age 20, basically your brain turns to mush if you don't "Excercise it"!

Another work related thing, Tracy got her new phone today-the Venus and its so awesome. I love it and its not even mine! Also, we decided that tomorrow we are finally going to make the lunch trip to our old pizza place that we haven't been back to since larry died. We have been putting it off long enough and we just want to get it over with. I know it sounds really silly that it would be so hard to go to a pizza place but its hard to explain if you aren't part of our little group how much this place was a part of us as a group. We wanted to do it all together to make it easier and so I think all 5 of us are going down tomorrow. Fridays are best b/c we don't have to rush back after lunch if we run a few minutes b/c the students are gone at that point. The afternoon is paperwork and I will be swapping out a computer that doesn't work right in my area.

Ok, I think that is it for me today. Lots of babble and nonsense but I did post and that is what I am trying to do. Have a great night everyone and I will talk to you tomorrow!!

ta ta for now!!!

1 comment:

Count Your Blessings said...

I am so impressed at all the posts there were since I checked just a few days ago - now I will definitely have to check here every day! I love reading all of your stories, even if they seem silly to you - it's interesting and fun to read. Kaitlyn got the DS also, I was thinking of getting that Brain Age game for myself to play on there, what do you think?