Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend Recap 1-21-08

Hello all! Sorry things have been weak this past week with my postings. I know I started out good in 2008 but work was busy this week. A good friend of mine from work also lost her Aunt who she was very close with and we have all been sort of distracted and thinking of her. Its been a rough few months for her especially with losing her grandmother, then our friend Larry and now her aunt all in a matter of 4 months. Needless to say, posting was not my #1 priority this past week.

I think I mentioned before Ben's cousin asked me to take some headshots of him and so I did that on saturday after the funeral and all for my friend's aunt. I will post some highlights of that when I am done sorting through them.

So Saturday was event filled with the funeral stuff in the morning, then i stopped to visit a friend of my dad's who is like an aunt and we chatted for a little over an hour.She has been sick for a while so I dont get to see her much so it was a great chance to spend some time with her. After that I went over to Ben's cousin Josh's house to do the big "photo shoot". After that we went to dinner at one of my face places were I got some good south jersey cheese fries and panzarottis! I had been hoping my sister would have the baby on saturday to sneak in seeing her before heading home but no such luck.

So sunday morning I woke up to a text message let me know she had finally had the baby. Its a girl, Samantha, born at 9:36am weighing in at 9lbs, 5oz, 20in! So, instead of sitting around all day playing online or with my photos, I drove back down to south jersey to see the baby. When I got there, my sister's friends were there with her other kids so it was a full room. Tara was getting a little restless so I let her try taking some photos with my good camera which was a big deal b/c usually she is only allowed to play with my pocket point and shoot. But, she is 8 now and has always been good with my other camera I thought it would be good treat to let her try it with the good camera. And I can say, she did really well. I wasn't worried about her handling it, she knows how to treat a camera but I wasn't sure how she would do with the focus and stuff but she did well. She was having a lot fun so I let her play.She took more photos than me!

Anyway, here is what I am sure you are waiting for, the eye candy!

New baby Samantha:


Me, Sami and Tara


Mom, Sami and Tara


Tara holding her sister



Me and Luke (tara took the photo)


So after I finished visiting, I snagged a few hoagies and headed home to be there in time for the big football game. While I can say I had originally been hoping for Green Bay, I really didn't have a favorite either way although I can honestly say I am not disappointed that Giants are in the Superbowl. Both teams played well and overtime is tough with a first score. For me, the Giants being in the superbowl just means I will hear about it a lot more b/c I Have friends who are fans given the area I live in but I will have no trouble rooting for them in the big game either. It would be amazing for NE to get that "PERFECT SEASON" but I still would not be upset to see Giants win. For me, the Giants are like the Eagles in that most of the time, they have their fans but are never one of the top teams that EVERYONE roots for so its nice to see them do well.

I also watched the Amazing Race last night and I was happy with the outcome. I had really wanted either of the top two teams to win so I was happy and looking forward to the next season!

Today, Monday, I have off work and Ben had work. I had planned to do a lot of cleaning and finally take down all my christmas stuff that I have not had time to put away. BUT, ben came home early and interrupted that b/c they finished all the cars early so needless to say, my decorations are still up. Oh well-they arent in the way!LOL I start making meatbals which is the thing I usually make when I am home and Ben is working-so that will be good for dinner. Plus this way I have left overs for lunch tomorrow too.

This coming weekend is Tara and my grandfather's birthday party along with celebrating my cousin's birthday and my other cousin's daughters birthday. AND we have ben's brothers son Owen's bithday too. I need to hit Target before the weekend! Plus, I have to finish shopping for my cousin's stocking since we exchange them for christmas but havent' seen each other yet. All that fun should be on saturday so sunday maybe I will rest!

I didn't go to the Zumba class I had mentioned before b/c my friend who was going with mee was the same one whose aunt died. We are going to try again this week.

My brother is doing ok in Japan. He loves it there but is not happy with the company so if you can all keep your fingers crossed he finds a better job in Japan that would be great.He seems happy otherwise and even met a girl so on a whole things are going ok.

I have been a little slow on my creative memoreis stuff this month.Besides being behind on some projects I haven't really done anything to help the "business" side but I am going to try and get an email out about having a "catalog party" where basically I just send some catalogs to people and they can gather whatever sales possible in a certain time frame and it will count as a party so they can get credit towards free stuff. I want to see what the host incentives are and if anything is coming up.I am also hoping for some new templates being available for the software soon too!

I did finish scanning in all my holiday cards and I am going to try and make those pages soon too. I am trying to get in the habit of using the Memory Manager software too for organizing but I have so much in so many places its been a process.

Other than that, I think things are going ok. I hope everyone else is doing well and I will be back again soon!!

1 comment:

Nobody said...

Samantha is BEAUTIFUL!!! And Tara looks so happy about her. Very sweet.

Good luck on the organizing - I know how tough it is. You will get there.

Sounds like a busy weekend you will have. I do hope you get to rest on Sunday.

Enjoy the rest of your week.