Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I know I missed yesterday....

But I am here now:) I was going to post last night but I left my power cord at work and then we had internet problems so I only had a chance to check my email really and then I logged off.

Yesterday after work I took my friend Jay over to meet Eric (the friend who is currently in the apt he is getting) to see about buying some of his extra furniture. We didn't have to meet til 6:30pm so we went to the grocery store near the apt to check it out and then drove around to see what other stores were in the area. Then we met Eric and Jay's dad at the apt to see the furniture. Jay ended up buying it all-a great deal! He got an entertainment center, blender, two lamps that match two end tables and a coffee table, another rolling small cabinet, a stereo with 3-disk changer, tall lamp and the AC all for $240!! And today when he called to officially accept the apt and asked the landlord about leaving the stuff in the apt while they re-carpet she said no problem-yeah!! So the apt stuff is on track for him.

So, since we did that I didn't get home til almost 8pm last night and then I just ate dinner, checked my email and we went to bed. Actually we took the movie Superbad in to watch as we fell asleep but both ended up watching it. It was ok.

Of course its so ridiculusly warm here for January, that both of us had a hard time falling asleep. Ben already went to bed tonight, I am catching up on tivo:)

Work is ok-little busy right now, a lot of stuff going on but I will write more about it when its all settled:)

Speaking of work, I have a question for anyone else who might know the answer) related to HR and Benefits. I know NJ is different from NY or PA or others states but I thought I would ask anyway:) Here is my question:

If an employer selects the health insurance for its employees and provides it as one of the benefits (no contribution from employees), and they decide to change plans, do they legally have to provide any sort of "notice"? If yes, how much? If no, what keeps them from doing it multiple times in a year? OR is it that they pay those plans annually too?

Also, are there any regulations that a company HAS to provide benefits to employees who work a certain number of hours or are salary vs hourly?

I will give more details on this and why I asked later:) Its nothing major, I am really just curious b/c of someone else I know. Thanks!

In other news....not really much of anything.I have a CM (creative memories) consultant meeting tomorrow night. Its nothing fancy but it keeps me up to date. Oh, I have to talk to a friend about the Zumba class we were talking about taking and see if she is up for starting next week. It actually starts this week but since I have the mtg tomorrow and the woman didn't email me, I only found out b/c I went in and asked again she said its no problem to start next week. The only thing about is the classes are 8:30-9:30pm so its kind of late but I figure by the time the class is over I will be exhausted and ready for bed!

I guess that is really about it for now. I just wanted to stop in and say Hi!!

ta ta for now!!!

No comments: