Wednesday, January 2, 2008

In my effort to post every day-today's topic is Digital Scrapbooking!!

Hi! I know digital scrapbooking is something you have probably heard me talk about before but I thought I would make an official post about it.

I am a photo freak-I admit it and I am proud of it. I got into traditional scrapbooking shortly after I got married when I met a neighbor who sold creative memories stuff. As much as I enjoy it and I have way too many supplies for what I need, when photobooks or "storybooks" as creative memories calls them started popping up toward the end of 2006 I was thrilled.

I tried out the CM ones, and I tried Shutterfly's, Snapfish and Kodak and while some of the others were cheaper in $$, I found myself gravitating to the CM (creative memories) ones b/c while they were a little more $$, they seemed a bit nicer, at least to me. I also figured with the way I would print photos for my scrapbooks it worked out to cost me about the same if not cheaper in the bigger picture!LOL I even started selling the CM products this past august b/c I love all their digital options so much. I don't really make money from it, more or less helps me to keep costs down in feeding my own habit! I mention this here only because the program of choice I use is their new Storybook Creator Plus and if anyone has questions I would be happy to try and help.(and you can order your own copy clicking the previous link or by going to www.mycmsite.com/colleenf and look under Products, then Digital!)

I can say this, I LOVE the CM software I use to make my books now. When I first heard about it was before I became a "consultant" and I would have bought it anyway. I made 6 books for christmas this year plus a whole ton of pages that I was able to just print out or have printed and slid into albums.

So...now that my babbling is over, who else prefers to scrapbook digitally? What programs do you use? What do you like best about it? Any tips? I guess I will get the party started here....

To answer my own questions:
1.I use Creative Memories Storybook Creator Plus. (they offer a free version of this software but it only makes storybooks and is basically a template drag and drop. The plus version lets you make individiual pages and save them as jpgs to have printed if you don't want a whole book-and its completely customizable. I call it my "photoshop" for scrapbookers on crack!

2. I love lack of mess. Not printing all my photos and having extras, or having to spend an hour "Setting up" to do a few pages. With digital scrapbooking I can sit on the couch while we watch a movie or TV and make a few pages and then just shut down when I am done-LOVE it.

3. Tips....I don't really have any of those right now. I sort of make it up as I go along!

And for fun....here are a few of my recent pages:

This is a quick page I made for my good friend after we went to the American Idol Concert-Blake being our fave:) It is actually a 12x12 page print


THis is another 12x12 page print that I made of photos and text from a news article my BIL was featured in:


This is a 4x6 print I made for my dad of his wedding (I made a whole bunch of simliar ones and slide them into a Picfolio Minutes Album mounted on some paper-they loved it!)


I also made his new wife a Picolfio Mini album (about half the size of a 4x6) where I made a whole bunch of photos with the calendar on them and the whole mini album fits in her purse. I made two of these on one 4x6 print then cut them.


Another 4x6 print


And one more 12x12 page print I made for my dad. I actually made about 7 pages and put them in a 12x12 Picfolio Max album and now when we have some event, I cna just make a page and mail it to him instead of a bunch of photos that will sit in a box:)


I actually have a ton more if people are interested-just let me know!!!

Hope to see some pages from others!

1 comment:

Count Your Blessings said...

I still love our Blake page! ;) I am debating asking for this for my bday. The thing is, I have to see if I will take the time to play with the free version before I can warrant the money on the full version - to be sure I'll use it, you know?