Tuesday, May 20, 2008

TV Talk: American Idol Final Showdown Performance!

Tonight is it....Its the final showdown on American Idol! It is David vs David and neither of them were ever in a bottom three the entire season! I am pulling all my love for David Cook! The show has this whole "boxing" theme going and I think its a perfect fit and its entertaining too!

Tonight is 3 performances each. David A won the coin toss last week and opted to go 2nd in performances.

Judges advice prior to the show....Randy/Paula=useless, Simon...has the only thing useful to be said.

Round 1: Songs picked by Clive Davis!
David Cook singing "I still haven't found what I am looking for" gave me the chills. I like the stlye he added to such a classic song. He looked like he enjoyed himself, natural, and was a good performer with the song. I thought it was great! And Simon thought it was phenomenal (The others liked him too!)

(On a side note, I just say Luke Perry must be his children's god to have got them front row cushy seats for the American Idol Finale!)


David A. singing "Don't let the sun go down on me" starts of sitting on the stairs. Sweet voice, its the type of song that does well for his style. Very standard, doesn't really bring too much of his own style into it but it is not a bad performance, we know he has a good voice but he just doesn't seem as comfortable on stage as DC. And he bounces a lot :) Without bias I do not think it was as good as DC but it definately was not a bad performance. Judges said: Randy-called it the best of the season, Paula-yada yada (she just uses cliches) and Simon-said best he done so far, and gave round one to DA (whatever!)


Round Two 10 fave song entries, each picked one they liked. These are NOT the winning song from the song competition.

David Cook singing "Dream Big" . My first instinct, I could definately hear it on the radio. I think its interesting that they take a song and put it out there that no one has heard before. I think he choose a good song with fitting lyrics and he did it well. I liked it and could see jammin in the car on the way to the beach:)
Judges: Randy-didn't care for song but thouht he did well, Paula-yada yada, Simon-called him lightweight, didnt feel like a winning moment for him and paula did make the point the song was not the "winning song" that simon compared it to.

David A singing "In this moment" Nice job but didn't leaving me with a lasting impression and I didn't feel the same way about hearing it on the radio as I did with David Cook's song. The Judges loved him and gave round two to David A as well although to me it really seemed like they were trying to push the audience for him. I didn't feel the crowd was even into it as much as they were with David C but that could just be the way it was shown on TV.


Round 3 Personal Choice
David C singing "The World I know". David C choose to pick a song he had not performed for his personal choice.I do believe someone said that it was refreshing because it was not common for contestants to do that. I thought he did a good job. Simon was disappointed he didn't choose one of the songs he had previously sung but David explained he thought it was better to do something new.

David A singing "Imagine"-again:)Choose a song he sung well the last time. Understandable why he would do it. I think it was a safe choose and I understand why he would choose it. In all honesty, that song I thought he originally performmed wonderfully and got me to keep an eye on his progress. However I do think it says a lot for a contestant's overall maturity and talent to take the "safe" route vs trying to learn 3 new songs instead of 2. Just my opinion. The judges of course LOVED him again and said it was a knock out night. I thought they both performed well and I do not think it was a "knock out". But we will find out tonight!

While watching last night I had more comments but I forget them now-sorry! I was too busy trying to get our American Idol Tour tickets to think about blogging. I did see some polls on tvguide.com today and the 4 polls I saw, 3 which were ones people voted who won each round and 1 poll was who should win, all 4 of them showed people voted that David Cook won all three rounds AND should win tonight, and those polls were not close. I can only hope that the people who voted in those online polls are the same people who phoned in their votes last night. I know I did. And I even stayed up late to get some votes in after the young kids who call in had to go to bed, it was a school night ya know!

Blog sig Colleen

No comments: