Saturday, May 24, 2008

TV Talk: "Workout" aka the "Jackie Warner I am all that matters" show

I can not explain why I go back for more other than pure curiousity to see how low Jackie will go with this season of Workout. I am only half way through this week's episode Jackie has already shown her power trip of the day act when it came to the trainers having gone out partying the night before while they are all on a retreat for the "Skylab". Ok, I will admit, it was completely wrong of Gregg Plitt to not show up for training session the morning after, BUT, Renessa DID show up and she should not have had to apoligize for her actions. Jackie, the almighty that she believes she is, naturally assumes the trainers partied with the clients, which of course they did not!I could understand if they had and she was upset about that but they had no way of evening knowing the trainers were out until she made a big deal of it when Gregg didn't show up. I think Renessa said it best when she said in one of the "confessionals" that she is of age and should not have to apoligize for drinking, especially when she DID show up the next morning.

The segement with the Skylab client and her daughter with CP was a nice touch. No marketing strategy there.

Ok, so Jackie calls Don Scott the guy running the fundraiser for Doug to tell him that Peeler no longer works for her. I thought the whole exchange was stupid. She seems to be the only one who feels the need to make a point to mention the night should be about Doug's memory. Seriously? And then she is all trying to make it like she wants Brian at the fundraiser. Who is she kidding? That was strictly for the cameras because there is no doubt in my mind that she will be thrilled if he didn't go!

OMG, they just showed Jackie's workout video! It looks as cheesey as any workout video can look. All I could do is laugh.

Ok, I am watching the clip about the fundraiser now and I see all the ladies all dressed up, looking nice, as well as the men. Even as Jackie is entering she is talking about how she was looking forward to this event, got all dressed up and had Briana on her arm. But apparently all that mattered was that she was on her arm but it didn't matter that Briana looked like she was going to the mall in simple t-shirt and jeans/pants. WTF?

Jackie laughing at Peeler when he made his offer during the auction just seemed more obnoxious than anything else. She obviously doesn't know what is going on with him (its not like she would care)but when he asks to talk to her she tries to turn it and make it look like she cares. Give me a break. I don't buy it for an instance. I am not convinced she is even listening to him and then chalks it up to he is being nice because of his "buzz". I don't think it was the smartest of him to try and talk to her however I felt like she was trying to make it all him which it is obviously not.

Next week's episdoe looks like it will be another one full of Jackie embarassing her mother and making her uncomfortable-wahoo! Isn't that what every watcher wants? Actually it will be interesting to see Greg perform as well but I do feel for Jackie's mother. She is obviously conflicted and uncomfortable with her daughter's choices in life and whether or not you agree or disagree with her mother, it does just seem a bit wrong for Jackie to continually make her mother uncomfortable, especially in front of cameras. But again...its all about Jackie:)



but she doesn't seem to think that this event wouldn't
Blog sig Colleen

No comments: