Wednesday, May 21, 2008

TV Talk: American Idol....And the winner is....

I am going to blog during the show then post. Winner will be at the end of the post!
And so it begins...

I thought it was strange to have the "Top 12" perform tonight. I understand the top 10 because they all go on tour but I don't know why you would include #11 and #12. Its not like we really saw them anyway but I just thouht it was strange.

The David-David performance after the opening segment I thoguht really demonstrated when they are side by side that Cook really does have the stronger voice. And he is a stronger performer.

The "Spritual advisor" was entertaining. And I thought David Cook showed he is definately more comfortable on camera than David A and could act better than David A. David A is cute...but other than a decent voice that is all he has going for him. David C. has a voice, style and even a bit charm that isn't "cutesy", its real person charm. I don't know how to explain it.

Syesha and Seal??? Didn't see that coming but thought it went well.

Jason castro singing my fave song he did!! I LOVED it. I could listen to him sing that all night!

The Ford video was cute too. Fun to see some behind the scene type shots.

Ok, girls singing...WTF is Amanda doing there to begin with? Let's not talk about how she sucked and looks completely bored and angry with the world for having to be there. I think she is mad she had to do anything since she got booted before top 10 and watching her tonight I can't figure out how she got to stay as long as she did! At least all the other girls look like they are having fun with it-and none of them are in the finals!At one point in the segment it looked like Amanda didnt even sing at one point! You could tell she totally did not give a s--- about being there, they even showed her walking abd she was looking down.

Carly and Micheal Johns-eh. She is still annoying but looks like she is trying harder to not make faces while she sings, although she still does it when she sings high notes. I am convinced they have been with voice coaches and acting coaches since they got the boot-prep for the concert because they are all better performers than they were and "no pressure" only goes so far because they still performing in front of more people than ever. I imagine they have had a few weeks to reherse too!

Jimmey Kimmel was entertaining. Got a few good laughs.

Top 6 guys performance was a fave song of mine so that was cool. And I think a good choice in songs. Then they bring out "the finalists" and I am sorry but yeah David A can not sing that song from the top 6 guys, I am sorry he is just too young. David cook can sing that song with meaning, it doesnt have the same effect with David A.

Jordin's Disney commercial tells me too things. One, American Idol is BRILLANT. I can't believe it has taken them this long to hook up with Disney with the demographic they sell too and two, when David Cook wins tonight, it seels the deal for me that David A will have a Disney contract by sun up!

David Cook and ZZ Top-AWESOME. I thouht it was fantastic and I think its fantastic he got to perform with such an icon. He must be in heaven from that alone!

Brook White also did fantastic with Graham Nash. It was a perfect song for her and she did fantastic. I imagine that was quite an experience for her too. They really have done a lot for the contestants I think this year.

Jonas Brothers...yeah, I just don't get it. THey are not bad but not really anyone I listen too but the little firls in the audience seem very happy. And they ARE from NJ!

The clips of the bad auditions were funny. Reminded me of the girl who was going "actressing" although I do almost feel bad for those people because they seem to really believe they were better than they are. The big thing with the Brother forever guy was nice with the USC Band and all. It must have been quite an honor and exciting for them! Ben enjoyed the cheerleaders too! Although I really do think that Paula and Randy are such attention whores to go up on stage with the band. Simon was the smart one to stay put:) I think its because they have nothing else and Simon does have other "gigs".

One republic "apoligize" is a good song for David A but it is still not as cool as ZZ top for David Cook. That was awesome. But I did enjoy the One Republic segment.
Although David A is just not anything close to as good at performing as David C is land as andrew llyod webber says, David A needs to OPEN HIS EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jordin Sparks, last year's winner performed and did a good job. Jordin is only a year older than David A and has such a difference maturity and stage presence. THAT is what it is-David A has no stage presence and when he is not singing he is boring to watch. He is cute/adorable but not entertaining. He seems too young to have really developed a strong personality-I think he IS his fathers pawn-I dont care what the news says and I think that hinders him b/c he can't make his own thoughts/decisions so he is just a bubble with whatever someone else tells him to do.

Quick shot of Blake Lewis in the audience-wahoo! It looked to me like he had the word COOK on his knuckles!

The Aretha Franklin and the "Pips" thing was hilarious. Much better than the stunt with old footage they did last year with Elvis. This was really funny.

Ok, the contestants all perform again and my goodness was Amanda awful. She didn't look good, she didn't sing well and looked not only uncomfortable, but unhappy to even be there. Everyone else looked like they had a good time. It seemed to me she was a sour puss all night. All the boys looked well in their suits! The guy in the white feathers singing Brother Forever was better than Amanda.

At the end of the evening when it was really time to find out the winner and they asked the judges for their last comments I thought that Simon's comments were awesome. Not only did he state that it was closer than they thought when he went back and watched but he apoligized to Cook for verging on being disrespectful too him. He did not have to do that and the fact that he did shows character.

But without further ado, the winner was announced and that winner is...DAVID COOK!

And America got it right!

I can not wait to see him in concert this summer. And I think David singing the winnin song was awesome. I really enjoyed the song he sand (and even bought it on itunes today!LOL)

All in all I felt like I enjoyed this years finale more than last years. It could be I just don't remember much of last years but for a two hour finale to find out one thing that takes 10 seconds, I felt this finale keep me interested and for that, I am glad!

Til next season....

Blog sig Colleen

2 comments:

Count Your Blessings said...

That was a nice wrap-up and I'm sad I wont be able to read any more Idol updates from you till next year!! Way to go Ben! :)

CKF said...

I will find something else for you to read to keep you entertained!