Saturday, May 17, 2008

What has been going on around here....

I have been pretty good at writing some TV blogs and after my experience last night at Taco Bell I will be starting a new series about reviews of serices from business, stores, whatever. But I will get into that more later. For now I thought I would just drop a line to check in and update what is gonig on.

I am not sure where I left off but there hasn't been too much going on lately. I know I am due for a big photo post and it will be coming! Work has been pretty hectic and I doubt it will get any less hectic anytime soon. Last weekend we didn't do too much was actually a nice treat. Although that friday we did go out with some friends for dinner which was nice. Then the weekend was very mild.

It was a short work week for me this week because I took off on Thursday and Friday and we had a conference all day at work on Monday off site, os it really only felt like a short work week.

Thursday I took my grandfather to the Dr for a check up and things went ok. After that we did some work on the computer and got him all set up for ebay like he was trying to do. Then we went to dinner at our fave italian place and had a great meal. Normally I would have hung out a bit after dinner but I needed to make a stop off at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia to visit someone before going home. The visit went well and the baby is doing ok and actually went home on friday. Still have some more tests to do to try and find a cause of what brought her to the hospital but the name they gave it for now is opsoclonus-myoclonus syndrome. I will write more about this as I learn more.

Friday was errand day for me since I had taken off. I had to go out and get a bridal shower gift and in my travels I was lucky enough to get myself a new phone!! It was a fluke actually. My good friend Kim told me about her new phone and I went to the verizon store to check it out. While I was looking at it one of the guys asked if I needed help and I told him I didn't think I was eligible for a few months for a new phone but he said he would look me up to be sure. That was when he told me I WAS eligiable and that the phone I was looking at was on sale for $150 and with my new for two credit of $100 and then the mail in rebate of $50, that made the phone FREE!!! Of course I had to pay the $50 for now but I get it back soon:) And how could I pass up a free phone-especially the one I wanted. I never get that lucky that the phone I want actually falls into the FREE zone! I told the guy to do it up! I was leaving with a new phone! And the first thing I did with it was text Kim and let her know I was texting her from me new phone!

The phone I got was the Verizon LG env2 and I LOVE it. I am still getting used to it and other than a little trouble I had with the bluetooth today I have been happy. I do agree with Kim's review that the vibrate option is pretty light compared to some other phones. When its in my pocket I felt it but when it was on my hip in its case I did not. I still haven't found the right combo of rings I want to use yet and Ben said I could go on and try to find some new ones I like or get the ones I couldn't transfer to this phone again. So I will be playing tonight! I saw an old env today and I can really see the difference, especially on the front and I think that is one of the improvements I like best. Of course I LOVE the size because I wanted something simlilar in size to my razr. Not only was the env2 the right size, it was the right price and it had all the features I liked and wanted and thought the Voyager (The over priced phone that it is) was the only one to have. And actually seeing it side by side with the Voyager its a much nicer phone. I will do a real review later but I had to share my excitement!!

Today I went to a bridal shower for a friend of ours who is getting married in July. It was a nice time and they had some very creative things from the bridesmaids that I thought were cool. I took a lot of photos and need to go through them tonight and get them up for her as soon as I can. After the bridal shower I went back to the verizon store because I was having trouble getting my bluetooth to connect and the guy got it to work. I also took atvantage of a special they had on the Music Essentials Pack 2.0 which includes a stereo headset (Which I think works for the music and for calls but I haven't tried it out yet) and a 2GB miniSD card for the phone. I had a 512 miniSD card in my old phone but it had issues and and since the price was so reasonable ($30) I figured I would go for it!

After all that I came home and have been catching up on my Tivo and playing with the new phone, well reading the manual at least. I am hoping to do some digital scrapbooking tomorrow (and maybe later tonight!) because I really need to get a few projects done before the end of the month.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and I will be back soon!
Ta ta for now!!



Blog sig Colleen

No comments: