Thursday, May 1, 2008

TV-Talk: Survivor *SPOILERS AHEAD* (You have been warned)

As I try to get into a regular habit of "blogging", I don't always know what to write about as I don't feel everything is all that interesting in the day to musings of my life, however, I LOVE Tv and I always have tons to say about what I watch! So, with that in mind....some thoughts on Survivor!!

I REALLY enjoyed this evenings episode of Survivor. I have not been a big fan of Amanda throughout the season and early on I was pulling for a fan to win just out of principal however the "fans" this year are not really likeable or that enjoyable to root for. Erik, the young kid, has been at the top of my fan list however after this evening he isn't as high up there but I haven't written him off completely, yet!

Now about this evening's show, it was fantastic. I have not cheered or clapped like I did tonight when Amanda pulled that idol out! About time somone got to play it and what better place to play it then tonight. She completely blind-sided them without having to lie to them and I was impressed with her acting ability. She was very convincing and did not over do it but had those obnoxious girls snowed! I had really hoped she might have taken Cirie out simply because Cirie didn't want to make things a tie and in all honesty, that is a cop out but in reality, she was probably smart to keep her and get rid of Alexis because next to Alexis in a top 2 or 3, she would have been tough to beat since Alexis hadn't really DONE anything to the people on the jury (other than vote them out but come on, everyone has that happen!) But I did appreciate that she clarified that she did not have the idol at the time she told them because that gives the jury information too although I honestly thing she got all the jury's vote tonight when she blind-sided all the people who screwed them because she was NOT one of the ones to screw Ozzy.

At this point, I think if Amanda can find a way to stay in it, she would be smart to pull in Cirie and Parvati with her to the end. I do not think they will against her, purely because they both screwed at least one person on the jury so far AND the way Amanda got them tonight. The question will be whether or not she can pull it off.

I had been pulling for Erik up to this point but like I said tonight I was not as impressed with him when he went against her but I think she helped herself in a good way when she basically called him out on his not helping her even though she has helped him tonight at tribal. People will remember that.

I was also glad she made it clear she didn't lie because she did not have it when she told them she didn't and she didn't find it until after they all had told her they were voting her off anyway. She did lie about not finding the clue in the water and they could try to call her out on that but she could easily say she figured it out with the other clues.

Cirie is going to be pissed. She is going to be made because she thinks they were a tight three but then again Cirie things she is running the show. She is going to feel "betrayed" but Come On....she voted Amanda out! Too bad it didn't work.

I think if Amanda can get Erik over to her and Parvarti they could pull in a final three but they need to get rid of Natalie and Cirie, HOWEVER, in all honesty, and I like Erik a bit more than the others, if Amanda can score a final three with ANY of the woman she will be a shoe-in to win but she needs to be careful because they are going to view her as a big threat because of tonight, she will have lost trust with them and they ARE going to be gunning for her so she needs to win immunity next week.

One more note on this evening's show: I was disappointed that James had to be medically removed (a bit much of that this season and it really took out some good competitors) but I do think it was wise (its not worth losing a hand over that is for sure) and in the bigger picture, he can always say he wasn't voted out. He still gets to be on the jury and let's be honest here, he was not going to make it to the end, he had one of the biggest targets on his back and it would have been him not Amanda tonight (or in reality, Alexis) if he had not won immunity.

So all in all, I really enjoyed this evenings espisode and it was great to be so interested in an episode again, especially since this season has been a slower one compared to some others. I am anxiously awaiting the next episode and seeing how this all plays out!!!

Til next time....

Blog sig Colleen

1 comment:

Nobody said...

I agree - a very exciting episode!! I am anxious to see what becomes of the final episodes!! Go Amanda!!