Wednesday, May 14, 2008

TV Talk: Workout Season 3 on Bravo "No pain, No Gain" 5-13-08 airdate

So, its another week of Workout. I am a sucker for this show and my curiosity gets the best of me and so I will watch again and see where things go. The show has just started (with the recap from last week which just re-ignites the anger I felt toward Jackie's behavior and it just replays the scene again where it is completely obvious she acted out of line and unprofessional and her statement on her Bravo Blog is just BS trying to make herself feel better and justify what she did and how she acted.)

Its funny because now that I am blogging about the show I watch even the intro with a more critical eye and even in her intro to the show her attitude has completely changed. Oh Ok Jackie, Shannon is one her "pets". No ego there!

Wow, what spin. I know Peeler was not an angel but the spin she just put on why she fired him to the client from the Skylab that was visably upset about losing her trainer, was just ridiculus. And even the whole "trust me I had a good reason". I know from a business standpoint is not advisable to tell someone why you fired an employee and it all honesty it really is not their business but if that client only knew the truth. I wonder what the client is thinking now having seen the show. I know I would be pissed and feeled that Jackie pulled one over on me. I also can not get over how negatively she talks about the Skylab client's abilities. I don't remember her being so crass last season. When she first came up with the idea she genuinely seemed to want to help people. Now it seems like she wants to make it look like she wants to help people but in reality she is so disgusted she can't believe people live the way they do and doesn't understand why they are not performing up to her standard. Um, Hello, Jackie? Don't you realize as a trainer that people have to work up to it?

I am watching the segment on the beach bootcamp right now. I do agree that the one client does seem to make her injury her excuse for everything and does not seem to be putting in as much as others but instead of saying negative things (which, by the way is what got Jackie into trouble with the whole Peeler thing but she doesn't think she did anything wrong), why not try and help this girl and find things she can and is willing to do? Even if it isn't up to the normal standard, if she is using her injury as a crutch, she obviously has other issues and is scared she won't succeed which is why she blames it on the injury because if she does fail, she has a built in scapegoat. Instead of focusing on pushing her to do things she doesn't feel she can do, why not find alternatives and help to find something that does motivate her and she does feel successful at. If she feels successful at anything she is going to be more inclined to try other things too!

I thought the boogie board thing was nice and a good alternative to regular exercise which was nice. I do think I would be a little put off by her retreat stuff but I am not one to get sucked into those type of things anyway (don't get me started on some stupid stuff I have to do for work because of one of those silly "trainings" even though its not workout type stuff). I do think that massage stuff is a cool perk though :) And interesting tip on that Epson salt being a "miracle" thing!

I did enjoy the segment with Peeler at Greg's house and Renessa coming to talk to him. It was nice to see them supporting him because he treally did stand up for his integrity.

The new female trainer, Agustina seems to genuinely cares about her clients. I thought it was great how she went to his home to support him and show him some things he can do. Very thoughtful too.

Oh goodie, back to Jackie:) BLAH! So now she is talking to the new trainer/massuse that she hired (obviously to replace Peeler before she fired him because she was just waiting for the right moment) and now he has not trained a client but she thinks he is ready to get a client and she wants to give him Shannon-Peeler's old Skylab client to take on. She says how nice of a match it will be...blah, blah, blah. In case Jackie missed it, Shannon was quite happy with Peeler. Jackie screwed that up.

Ok, so in regards to this retreat....before I even get really into it, when did Jackie and her trainers become Life Coaches? Who does she think she is? This Skylab is no longer about helping people, its all about Jackie and making her feel important. And Jackie continues to say that the skylab clients are not at a point where they should be so "this is going to be really hard". Is it just me or if the group as a whole is not where you thought they should be, instead of making it worse for them and make them play catch up-why not adjust your program? There is a difference between having 1-2 people who are not with the rest but if the group as a whole is in a different place, shouldn't you pick up from there? And is it a good thing when you push someone so hard that they throw up? It just doesn't seem right to me.

The pool exercises were good. I think Greg is knowledgable and seems to be a good trainer. The clients seemed to really get into it and thankfully we did not have to hear too much from Jackie.

Now the food segment that came up next....I think the basic cooking stuff was interesting not only for the clients but for viewers but I have to agree with the trainer Jesse who said "if I have to listen to one more Jackie Warner product I think I am going to have to jump off a cliff" was the truest statement that could be made. That whole "teaching" them about the food had nothing to do with teaching them about the food. It was Jackie selling HER product. Again....it all comes back to the fact that it is all about her. The show has seriously declined into an hour infomercial on Jackie Warner products. How much more of this can we take?

The whole thereapy thing is a bit abrassive too if you ask me. Who is Jackie to decide that people need to participate? Seems to me its more about Jackie wanting to hear the stories because when she hears the other people's stories makes her feel better. Again...all about Jackie. Change the name to the Jackie Warner show-not Workout because that is what it is really about.

So next week's episode looks interesting when she sees Peeler. And I can't wait to see why she is accusing Greg of being an alcoholic. Jackie gets worse and worse each week but I am a sucker who must stick it out and see where it goes...

ta ta for now


Blog sig Colleen

No comments: