Wednesday, September 17, 2008

90210 Week 3-We know the Daddy!!! *Spoilers*

With the hope that this show is on for the long haul, sooner or later I will have to stop titling it with the week number...or maybe not, that could be interesting...

Anyway, so I watched last nights episode and again I was happy. I did like the little bit more of juicy "old school" references and such. The comment about Donna's baby was sweet and I hope someday we are able to see Donna (and David!) but even if its just Donna and there is reference to David!

I liked how this episode finally seemed to setle in on a few characters and made you feel closer to them by sharing a few more tidbits but not over doing it. I was kind of getting tired of all Naomi's "Friends" last week but I liked this week how we saw when she went to Ethan's house and interacted with his brother. It showed that she really does have a personality and has a "real" side as well.

Tonights episode started to integrate Brenda into the scene a little better and she did start to fit her character's mold a bit better. I don't know how much more we will see her but I do hope its a few more episodes. All in all this episode seemed more of a set up for future stories/issues and one of refernces to the original series. Even Nat makes reference to Brandon when he hires Dixon. I didn't feel like the new characters had a self contained story although I do know the story was Dixon. It just didn't feel as real as the week before when we learned more about Erin Silver.

I will say this week's episode was the big break through with Brenda and Kelly (and a little bit of their original character fiestiness). The best part of all was when we learned what we all really knew but needed confirmation on and that is that the father of Kelly's baby is ....DYLAN! I will say I was a little thrown earlier in the episode when Kelly talks about the dad being a "do-gooder" because as much as Dylan did do good things, Brandon was the real do-gooder. I do think Dylan is the right choice and I really do hope they can find a way to bring him into the mix:)

The new Peach Pit still bothers me even though I know they had to update it to make it fresh, I think its the outside that bugs me most, its just such a transition. I am hoping they can give us a reason why it changed(and maybe some references to Joannie and his son too!)They "updated" the Peach Pit once on the original series when I think they realized how much more they could do including it more as a set and it was so iconic I think its only fair to give us old time viewers a little something. Especially since the After Dark now has a new name too, The Pit. I could see if maybe they make reference to either neededing to update and renovate b/c something happened, expansion was needed or they had a fire and had to start from scratch but the original was Nat's father's place so there is a LOT of history there and to just disregard it is a little disrespectful I think. I do think the amount we see Nat and Peach Pit so far is good-when things started on the original series, the Peach Pit and Nat were slowly integrated and that makes more sense.

So, I am looking forward to next week and I am hoping we are treated to some more Dylan-speak!

Til next week....

Blog sig Colleen

No comments: