Saturday, September 27, 2008

My niece's Baptism and other odds and ends

I have a lot to catch up on here on my blog. Of course most of it is my TV Talk stuff but I do have some other randomness to share!

Not too much new and exciting going on but I hadn't done a proper update in a couple weeks so I thought I should try and do that.

Let's see...in all honesty not really a whole lot has been going on. Work is good. Although I am pretty annoyed with the state of nj dept of education right at the moment because I was seeking some information and it came out that they have no record of me ever sending in my transcripts for any type of educational certification verification. They CAN confirm I have a $50 credit but don't seem to realize that I would not have just sent them $50 for fun. My transcripts and other papers accompanied that $50 but besides the fact it took them two years to contact me originally, the guy I spoke with tried to make it sound like I hadn't done anything in 4 years and proceeded to tell me they have none of my transcripts. This REALLY ticked me off and so now I have put some feelers out to a few friends and people I know to see if they know anyone I can speak with to handle this the best way. I am not about to send them more $$ and all my transcripts AGAIN if I am not sure they can actually take care of it and do what they are supposed to. Although the satisfying point for me is that I have a copy of the original packet, including recipts for my transcripts and how many I originally ordered as well as the extras that are still sealed (With original dates I am sure) so I am ready at any moment to show them my copy, including the dated cover letter! GRRRR!!

The only other big thing going on around here lately was my niece's baptism last weekend. It was nice. She slept through most of it! We went to eat afterwards and made it home in time to watch the Eagles beat Pittsburgh. Speaking of football, I am really enjoying this season so far. I took over running our football pool at work since I was the one who kept it going last year after Larry died. The first week was a little tough just because it was really weird to be the one sending out updates and doing all the organizing. I did do it last year at the end but I didn't do the updates and all the little things like that. This year's games have been full of surprises so that has kept it interesting and we have a few more people playing this year so its been going well.

Back to the Baptism....here are some photos for your viewing pleasure:
Tara using my point and shoot to take pictures. She enjoys getting to take her own pics with my camera and she usually does pretty good too!



Here is little devil Luke. He was a little sick with a cold and didn't want to leave mom's side so he was up with my sister, the baby and her god parents.






I thought this was really cute. The priest was really good with the children.



The Family...sort of!


Twins! I thought it was really funny that my dad and ben both were wearing the same color button up shirt and pants!


Luke being cute...


My sister, Luke, Tara, Sami and her godparents


Sami, her great grandmother (SHe is checking her out) and my sister


Now she is checking out great grandpa!


Luke likes to be in pictures so he got in on some of the action...


The cutie with me


uncle Ben and the cutie


And there is that smile...


Cute ball of tulle and grandpa




Uncle Ben and tara


Someone was apparently hungry...


Now she knows I got the camera on her...smile!


Aunt Colleen and Tara


This past week was busy but nothing out of the ordinary. I hung out after work with a couple friends on Wed to work on storybooks and we had a good time. Thursday was the first episode of Survivor-Yeah!!!! And last night was the debate so its been a busy week LOL. Tomorrow we are going to see ben's dad and step mother and grandmother. It should be a fun afternoon. In the morning we are going to go look for a new stove to order and hopefully be home in time for the Amazing Race and Eagles Football (What would I do without Tivo??)

I guess that about catches me up. I am trying to catch up on all my TV from the week right now as I type this. I also just watched Slacker Uprising the free movie Michael Moore made about voting and the 2004 election. Its a documentary on getting people out to vote. Anyone can stream or download it free on www.slackeruprising.com and its on itunes for free too. I thought it was interesting. I am thrilled Fall TV is back...lots to watch though so I must go now!!!

ta ta for now!

Blog sig Colleen

2 comments:

Count Your Blessings said...

I love those pictures - so sweet!!

CKF said...

Thanks! I think Sami is just precious to photograph! LOL