Thursday, September 25, 2008

Survivor Gabon!!! ***spoilers*** (live blog...or rather my random thoughts in no particular order)

So this season is the shows first season filmed and aired in HD. Wahoo! The picture is amazing and with the area they are in it is great to see in HD. It is a little bit of a different "look" and it will take some getting used to but its not a bad thing-its actually nice just different.

Ok so the show gets going right away. I have to say though, how stupid do you have to be wear a dress to ANYTHING prior to the show when they get you out to CA or where ever. I mean really?? Do you not think they are going to drop you off somewhere in your "day" clothes? I would wear my bathing suit (a two piece) and capri pants, tank top AND a long sleeve shirt-got my bases covered. I would wear the same type of outfit everyday so I was not caught off guard!

Ok...now that I got that out of my system lets see how these characters.

Love Bob. He tied his buff into a bow-tie. That is awesome. Already like him!!!

Gillian...oh she is gonna be interesting. Elephant dung is all I am gonna say about that!

The wedding photographer, Randy, is gonna be an a**. No question there, oye!
Ace, over confindent but could be interesting to watch. And the dummy gets hurt the first night! Already saw a medic! And seriously he is such a pessimist I hope he leaves soon. And he is not a wedding photographer I would want (at least based his personality and how he doesnt believe in marriage-unless his pics are THAT good. But anyway...)

Charlie the lawyer is going to be fun to watch and his boy toy Marcus will keep him happy but for Marcus its "not the way he rolls" LOL

I do like the gamer guy Ken but the girl he has a crush on is so going to wrap him around her finger as best she can. She is also a bit of a whiner so she might not last. Her name is Michelle.

I wasn't sure how I would take Michelle at first but the more I see she is growing on me. She might be a little bit of a whiner but she has some good points about the challenge and I do like the friendship between her and Ken.

Ace and his yoga in his orange underwear was a bit entertaining! He is SO full of himself!

The scenic views and flashes of the animals look amazing, especially in HD. I also enjoy the wide angle shots, especially when you can see Jeff running alongside the challenges and actually see how close he is to the action. Its interesting.

First challenge...I am glad the yellow team won. I like them better. There are a couple on each that are ok so far but I really like Bob. And I am pulling for the video gamer to be there awhile at least!

Tribal council....My Thoughts
Gillian=granny bit**
Michelle=honest
GC=stupid
Suzie-=kind of annoying too, just thinks she is better than she is but hasn't really done anything.
Randy=clueless pessimist

Voting on a "leader"? Give me a brake!!! WTF is that and the new leader is GC (and he looks petrified!) At least he has individual immunity this week so he is safe.

ok more and more I see Gillian, I can't stand her. Go home!!!

Voting...how will it go?? And the one going home ... Michelle. Damn. That sucks and was so not right (although at least she can get some clothes on now because I am pretty sure she was walking around in her underwear. And who couldn't spell "michelle" to vote?? Oye!

So tribal counscil is over...they got flint. Pretty much need it to be sure they start a fire because in the wilderness where they are, they need the fire to keep the wild animals away so it was probably a safety thing more than anything!

Hour 2: It all starts over:) The next day!

And they cooked all that rice why? do they realize its supposed to last????
OMG Charlie and his crush on Marcus is so funny!He is so smitten! Of course Marcus sounds hot for Corinne...that could get interesting! LOL

Ok did that cut on Randy's head hit his brains out? He has the dumb blank look every time they pan to him! He looks so confused!

Hippos!!! very cool!

Randy the racoon....lol-what was he thinking with that charcoal?

I LOVE Bob!
I like Ken too.

Hate Gillain...not impressed by Ace and his orange underwear. Really don't care for Randy either.Suzie kind of blah and has an supoity attitude if you ask me. Olympic chick is ok.

Kota wins challenge-sends Dan to exile!

Back at camp...Randy in his undies with his long shirt is not vutting it.
Exile island was interesting...I like the whole comfort or clue bit with the apple in eden:)

I like when the olympic medalist said she was going to jsut say "gillian" would love to see her do it.

Gillian is so obnoxious! Send her home!!!

Tribal counsil #2...Gillian is gone! (doing the happy dance)

All in all it looks like it is shaping up to an interesting season and I am looking forward to it. I think the addition of having it filmed and broascast in HD is a great thing and really enhances the show. The new twist with the exile island keeps it fresh and interesting. I loved that they hooked us in with two episodes right off the bat. And I am looking forward to next week's show already!

Til next week...













Blog sig Colleen

No comments: