Wednesday, September 3, 2008

More 90210...I can't help myself!

Ok, after sleeping on it and reading some of the boards on www.cwtv.com I am just more excited about the potential of this show than I was before. I know, I know, most of you probably don't care but I still get happy when I hear that original Beverly Hills 90210.

What prompted me to post is I came across an audio clip of Ryan Seacrest talking to Jennie Garth yesterday morning. It was interesting and while Jennie Garth made a good point about if they brought back ALL the original characters it would just be the same old show again (and what is wrong with that I am not sure...but I understand her point!)but she also said she has a good feeling that we might see Jason Priestly as some point although I have to say I would prefer Luke Perry myself. If you are interested in the clip, go here: http://www.ryanseacrest.com/media
and scroll down. You should see Jennie Garth under audio.

Getting back to what Jennie Garth mentioned about the show just being a remake of the old show if all the old characters were there, I think that if it was only about the old characters then it would be like that but with the basic tie ins that are already scattered, I think bringing back more of the "old" will only enhance the new, as long as they do it with purpose. I think scattered would be good and I know as much as I did enjoy the new characters, the best scenes for me were with the old familiar cast and the ones with Erin Silver. I think its just that "tie-in" that hooked me on her:)

My one disappointment with the show is the re-design of the "Peach Pit". I think it would have been very honorable to keep the original and use that to the show's advantage but I can understand their desire to update it. I do hope they can find a way to fill us "old timers" in on the how and why it was updated along the way though.

Anyway, I just came in to add some after thought. I can't wait to hear your thoughts!

ta ta for now!


Blog sig Colleen

1 comment:

Nobody said...

I am happy with the 1st Episode.

I agree, the Peach Pit was a bit much for me. Seems too big for Nat. I, too, would have liked to see maybe the original and update that location. And what is up with the club? I did love seeing Nat though!! Same old Nat.

I am loving Kelly's character. Like you, I enjoy watching her more than the new girls but that's bound to happen because of who we are.

SHOCKER about Erin "Silver"!!! WOW, oh WOW!! I am liking her as well.

The school updates didn't bother me at all but to me, it doesn't even look like the same school. But whatever!

What about seeing Kelly's mom next week!! YEAH!!!

I have to agree that Brenda didn't seem "natural" to me but I think its because she didn't play her that long. Obviously not as long as "Kelly". She didn't get the chance to develope her character as much so I think that's it. We'll see how she goes. I am NOT a Brenda fan so I could careless about her (she just irritates me).

OMG - you caught the bathroom sharing too? ME TOO!! I loved it and TOTALLY knew what they were doing. Nice touch.

I am interested to see where they go from here and will continue watching. Until next week!!