Sunday, September 28, 2008

Tv Talk: Lipstick Jungle

I know I am behind on some of my regular reviews and I will try to get caught back up this week but I was compelled to write a little about this week's premiere of Lipstick Jungle.

This was a show I watched last season when I think it came in as a mid-season replacement but it was hard to tell with the writers strike and all. I liked it. It wasn't anything "great" I felt but I thought it was worth giving a look this season. And I can honestly say I am glad that I did. I really enjoyed it, even more than last season. I think the break gave them a great chance to clean it up and make it even more entertaining. I thought the first episdoe of this season was great. It is based on a novel by the same authoer of Sex and the City story. I was never into Sex and the City but I do enjoy this and wouldn't mind checking out the book although I don't want to ruin the series for myself!

The one thing I had to say though was that I felt it was very sad to see Mary Tyler Moore on the show. I hate to speak ill of such a TV icon but she just looked really bad. Besides all the plastic surgery she must have had since she looked plastic (and the whole plastic surgery thing without a medical need I just don't get) but she just didn't look healthy. I understand she is diabetic and from the way she looked and acted on the show I think her vision is a lot worse than she may let on at this stage but it just didn't make sense to me to put her back on tv. She played the part fine but it was painful to watch and she is such an icon I am surprised she would put herself out there like that. Anyway, I know its not the nicest thing to say and I feel bad for that but if anyone else saw the show I would love to hear if you thought the same stuff too or its just me?

Back to the show....it centers around 3 friends and their lives in the city. Unlike Sex and the City they are not all single women looking for a good time and I think that was part of the appeal for me. The actresses really seem to have a good chemistry and their friendship seems genuine.

If you haven't caught it yet, I do believe you can check out the first episode of this season on the NBC website (Whenever it comes back up as I haven't been able to log on for two days!) and it looks like you can catch all the episodes so far (As well as other related videos) of Lipstick Jungle on Hulu.com (As well as lots of other shows both current and classic for free!)

Show airs on NBC on Wednesday nights at 10pm.

Blog sig Colleen

1 comment:

Count Your Blessings said...

That sounds like a good show. I've seen ads for it and was curious - now I'll have to check out!!