Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Fall Tivo Lineup (aka all the shows I am addicted to!)

Just for fun I thought I would post some of the shows I have on my Tivo and plan to be following on TV this fall season! One of the best things about having tivo is being able to tape to two shows at once and even watch one that is already taped while the others tape! The summer has been bland and limited with good shows (mostly due to the writer's strike) and the fall season is finally here with lots more to offer up.

There are a few new shows out there this year although it seems most networks focused on keeping shows from last year and building upon them to get the viewers back. There were some casualties of the writers strike from last year (Moonlight, New Amsterdam, Jericho and Journeyman to name a few, yet Jericho was already on its last life from a cancellation then revival.) Other than Moonlight the shows that didn't make it to this year didn't surprise me. I had hopes for Jericho too but CBS just never seemed to have the faith in that show that its viewers did. Actually, CBS was the ones that dissed Moonlight too....hmmm, do we see a pattern here?

I like to give to new shows a chance when I can as an avid TV Junkie. Sometimes it works out, and sometimes it doesn't. The first casualty of this season I have heard of is "Do Not Disturb" which was on Fox and has been cancelled after 3 episodes. I can't say I was surprised. I saw the preview and it looked ok so I set up my Tivo to watch it. I struggled through the first episode but it was very scattered and while it had a few good moments it didn't really have a pull. At least not for me and from the sounds of it not for many people. I had actually taped the other two episodes but didn't bother to watch them since it was cancelled anyway. Why get my hopes up?

The other shows that I have started to watch and are new this season seem to be doing well. 90210 was actually picked up for 22 episodes which will keep it on the air through May so it seems the CW is willing to give it a shot. I have enjoyed it already (although I do need to do this week's review) but I really hope it keeps going well and I REALLY hope they find a way to bring Tori Spelling and other original series veterans into the mix. If they do, it has real potential to be a show that appeals to the younger generations while also keeping the older generations interested. Lots of potential for the whole 18-49 female demographic if they play it right.

Anyway...so on to my Tivo line-up for the Fall!
Sunday
Amazing Race 8pm CBS (1 hour)(or whenever 60 Minutes ends if football runs overtime!)
Desperate Housewives 9pm ABC (1 hour)

Monday
Chuck 8pm NBC (1 hour)
How I Met Your Mother 8:30pm CBS (half hour)
Heroes 9pm NBC (1 hour)
Life 10pm NBC (1 hour)

Tuesday
House 8pm FOX (1 hour)
90210 8pm CW (1 hour)
Fringe 9pm FOX (1hour) *NEW this season*

Wednesday
Knight Rider 8pm NBC (1 hour) *New this season*
Gary Unmarried 8:30 pm CBS *NEW this season* {haven't seen it yet, starts this week but stars Jay Moher so I thought I would give it a shot}
Private Practice 9pm ABC (1 hour)
Project Runway 9pm BRAVO (1 hour)
Lipstick Jungle 10pm NBC (1 hour) {this season is looking good!}

Thursday
Survivor Gabon 8pm CBS (1 hour)
Supernatural 9pm CW (1 hour)
Kitchen Nightmares 9pm FOX (1 hour)
CSI 9pm CBS (1 hour) {this is an occasional watch and doesn't start new for a couple weeks} *If you notice there are 3 shows there and so to make it work I tape Kitchen Nightmares on one tivo with Supernatural and the other CSI with Supernatural since that is the priority!) Occasionally I will try to squeeze in Grey's Anatomy but I really didn't watch last season and since I can catch up online when I have the time or on my ipod I usually try to do that-or re-runs!
ER NBC 10pm (1 hour) *Last Season Alert-will end in May!*
Tabitha's Takeover 10pm (and many other times) BRAVO (1 hour)

Friday
Ghost Whisperer 8pm CBS (1 hour)
Numbers 10pm CBS (1 hour)

Some upcoming shows I am looking forward to but are not started yet:
Top Chef NYC BRAVO
Real Housewives of Atlanta BRAVO
Tim Gunn's Guide to Style BRAVO (this is more of a filler show for when nothing else one but since its on cable and runs a bunch of times in a week I can tape it and watch it whenever I can).
My Own Worst Enemy NBC (starts in October, could have potential)

A couple shows I would like to find a way to catch but scheduling prohibits it at this time are Biggest Loser and Dancing with the Stars (which I have never seen but was going to try and watch).

I feel like I am forgetting some shows but I just can't think of them right now. Oh well! I guess this is enough to get the season started!

**You may notice I don't have links for the NBC shows, I will update when I can but their website was not working when I wrote this.**






Blog sig Colleen

2 comments:

Count Your Blessings said...

WOW! Your TV will be working overtime huh? But you gave me some good ideas of shows to check out, cuz my DVR isnt nearly that full!

CKF said...

I am just glad I have two tivos to get me through since some of the shows are on the same time! I am glad I got you some ideas for shows to fill your DVR-got to keep it in shape!!